Usb Problem??

Rik

Website
Visit site
Okay this might sound weird, but when I plugged my GP32 usb cable into my computer this morning and then the other end into my BLU+, the computer instantly lost power. And I couldn't get it to turn back on until I removed the cable from the GP32. And even when it's booting up (ie. not in windows or anything) the power is lost instantly when the cable is plugged in both the PC and GP32. Also the GP end of the USB plug got quite hot. The GP32 wasn't even on at the time. (Thankfuly, it doesn't really sound safe!). I think this is really odd as I've used the official USB cable before with no problems.

While writing this I realise I have a power supply adapter now, but I don't remember if it was plugged in at the time. I don't really see why it'd do that even if it was though, so does anybody have any experience with this or any ideas why it could be happening?

Personally, I would think your USB port is damaged. Tried another port or some other appliance in that port?

Personally, I would think your USB port is damaged. Tried another port or some other appliance in that port?

Well I know the ports aren't damaged. I tried it in two, both resulting in the same. The ports run my other things fine~ (I unplugged my PS2 multitap thing from one which I used).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise you not to plug anything else into that USB port... sounds to me like you have a short in your USB and the motherboard(mainboard) is shutting the computer down when it detects the bad voltage.... this can cause damage to the computer and possibly the gp32... get your computer looked at.

Back