Can't Connect Gp32 Via Usb Anymore

Alex.

Retired
Right until this hour I was transferring files from my computer to my GP32 via its USB port. I used GPDrive. Now it does not work anymore. I notice that the GP32's USB port jiggles a bit with the cable plugged in - did I break some small USB particle? I opened the GP32 up to see if there's anything broken, but on the surface it looks fine - maybe something broke in the interior of the USB port, that little metal box. It doesn't work via PC-Link anymore either, so it's clearly an USB thing.

I'd be sad to lose this system after such a short usage (~3 months). I do not have a SMC card reader, and taking the SMC out of the GP is a pain in the ass anyway, so I live with the USB.

Do you have any advice you could give me?

Alex. posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:07 PM said:
Right until this hour I was transferring files from my computer to my GP32 via its USB port. I used GPDrive. Now it does not work anymore. I notice that the GP32's USB port jiggles a bit with the cable plugged in - did I break some small USB particle? I opened the GP32 up to see if there's anything broken, but on the surface it looks fine - maybe something broke in the interior of the USB port, that little metal box. It doesn't work via PC-Link anymore either, so it's clearly an USB thing.

I'd be sad to lose this system after such a short usage (~3 months). I do not have a SMC card reader, and taking the SMC out of the GP is a pain in the ass anyway, so I live with the USB.

Do you have any advice you could give me?

Have you tried other USB devices? It's possible that Windows (and I'm assuming you're using Windows here ;)) has managed to hose its USB drivers...

Last edited by a moderator:
If that were to be it, my mental hitpoints would be restored :) I'll reboot this bastard right now!

Edit 2 minutes later:
Fishybawb, you saved my psychological health! :) It works perfectly!

Back