USB Mass Storage Project

Squidge

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Not sure if this should go here or Off-topic. If it's in the wrong area, can someone move it? Thanks.

As some of you probably know, I'm in the middle of writing a USB Mass Storage driver for the GP32, so it'll look like a disk drive to windows, and just show up as another driver letter. USB code is done, SMC code is done, I'm just working on the actual drive emulation now. It will emulate a SCSI disk device, so hopefully will be compatible with more than just Windows :)

Now, I'm looking for someone whos bored, or has time on there hands.... Whilst coding this, I'd like you to throw some names at me as to what to call this. "GP32 Mass storage driver" is a boring name, and already taken by Firefly's read-only mass storage driver. Logos and/or backdrop pictures would be welcomed also if you want to express your name that way.

The winning entry will see there name on the first public release :) If I receive anything "magical", then I may send them versions prior to the public release, if they wish to receive such versions.

So, with prizes like that, what are you waiting for? ;)

"Mad Man Squidge's Storage Drive" :D,
"GP32 MEGA-DRIVE" Or
"GP MEGA-DRIVE"

I Like GP MEGA-DRIVE Alot hehe Sounds coool... Gives the hint of Gaming / Emulation as well as a Drive :D

didnt know that someone else is working on this kind of Project...
and since firefly seems to stoped this, its really cool to hear that your still working on it :D
hmm for name name:
GPFlashdrive or flashdriveGP
GPsopl (GP Shi* on PC-Link) :D
GPusbDrive

Me crap at coming up with original name also.
But heres a few to consider. ;)

GP-MDD = GP-Mass Data Drive.

Linking Park. :p :lol: :rolleyes:

G.I.T.S = Gamepark Intergrated Transfer System. :lol:

What do ya think. :p

Trooper

Me crap at coming up with original name also.
But heres a few to consider. ;)

GP-MDD = GP-Mass Data Drive.

Linking Park. :p :lol: :rolleyes:

G.I.T.S = Gamepark Intergrated Transfer System. :lol:

What do ya think. :p

Trooper
Linking parks a wicked 1 :D. id also do a splash if u wanted. maybe u could hav a splash comp like on the discontinued nes emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
SMD - Squidge's Mass Driver

i quite liked Gits ;) how about Toss ? total operating system sharing..

GPDrive I like, makes sense to me - open explorer, ahhh which drive do i go to ? the GPDrive.. etc..

Well, the poll is over and both "SquidgeStore" and "gpDrive" have 20.99%. Doing a bit of juggling says that "gpDrive" is going to be the name.

DJWillis was the first person to mention "gpDrive", so he wins the compo :)

Now, anyone want to do a backdrop image/logo around this name?

Back