Usb Keyboard Problem

craigletheren

Still Fresh
Hi there,

I have a F200 and the official cradle. When I plug a USB keyboard and mouse into the cradle it works fine. I can navigate my way through the default interface, I can play things like SCUMMVM using a mouse - no problems.

The problem I have is that when I go into Video on the main menu, the keyboard then stops working. I cannot press escape to go back, I can't navigate through the menus / files, nothing. I can, however, use the buttons on the console at this point. I can press home on the console and go back to the main menu and everything works fine again. I don't have to reboot the console to recover keyboad functionality, I can just press the home key.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing this is a firmware issue... ie., an oversight by GPH. Don't hold your breath for a fix from them. Keep an ear to the ground for Open2X, it's due for an F200 release fairly soon and it's looking fantastic.

It all depends on how the movie player was programmed. I don't have the source in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that it just plain doesn't support keyboard input. In fact, you shouldn't expect anything but the very very rare app on GP2X to accept keyboard input.

The good news is that with the new Open2X coming out, you will be able to control everything from a USB gamepad just as if you were pressing buttons on the GP2X. In fact, I watched a few movies the other day from the comfort of my own couch and could even control the volume from the gamepad.

Orkie seems to have his hands full with other things, so I am probably going to try to get a public preview release (DR6) out by Saturday.

I can't emphasise enough, how much the USB pad control is going to breathe new life into my GP2X. Don't forget to include a Paypal address in the DR6 thread!

'Senor Quack' said:
It all depends on how the movie player was programmed. I don't have the source in front of me but I'd be willing to bet that it just plain doesn't support keyboard input. In fact, you shouldn't expect anything but the very very rare app on GP2X to accept keyboard input.

The good news is that with the new Open2X coming out, you will be able to control everything from a USB gamepad just as if you were pressing buttons on the GP2X. In fact, I watched a few movies the other day from the comfort of my own couch and could even control the volume from the gamepad.

Orkie seems to have his hands full with other things, so I am probably going to try to get a public preview release (DR6) out by Saturday.
A huge leap for the F200 users when this is released! :D

'Gruso' said:
I can't emphasise enough, how much the USB pad control is going to breathe new life into my GP2X. Don't forget to include a Paypal address in the DR6 thread!
Thanks :) I am going to be putting the finishing touches on it tonight, trying to fix a few small bugs. I spent all last night further improving the tv-out daemon and have gotten it to a very polished level :)

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. I think you're right; there is something to do with the video function specifically that doesn't allow for the use of a USB keyboard in the firmware I am using. I am reluctant to upgrade since I've heard of people that get problems with the touch screen as a result.

I'm quite interested in Open2x. Do you know when it will be available for download for F200?

Thanks.

'CaptainReboot' said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. I think you're right; there is something to do with the video function specifically that doesn't allow for the use of a USB keyboard in the firmware I am using. I am reluctant to upgrade since I've heard of people that get problems with the touch screen as a result.

I'm quite interested in Open2x. Do you know when it will be available for download for F200?

Thanks.
CODE
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47228

Back