USB hub with external controllers for multiple players?

mikesheley

Hey guys,

New here and had a question. Is it possible to hook up a USB hub and multiple USB controllers with an emulator to allow multiple people to play games? Seems like this combined with TV out would make the Pandora a great portable console.

Cheers,

Mike

iControlPad much? :)

Although it might be a little more expensive than USB controllers... and by a little I mean a lot.

The main problem I have with this, is finding 3 friends who want to play Micro Machines.

but no usb gamepads (maybe it does, but i can get to map keys, do you?)
I'm at work so I can try later but if you hit tab while in a game it brings up the same menu as on my PC with mame and I've always been able to configure other joysticks through that menu.

Speaking of multiplayer with emulators, do any of these emulators support wifi/bluetooth Pandora to Pandora multiplayer play? I always thought that would be awesome.

mednafen (nes, pc engine, sega master system, others) supports net play as well as usb gamepads- and probably bluetooth pads as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I know, there's "save config" and "save config for current game" but neither seem to do any good.
Do you ever have issues with small writes being lost elsewhere, such as with saving the configuration of other software, or just writing a text file? If so, that might be an SD Card issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you ever have issues with small writes being lost elsewhere, such as with saving the configuration of other software, or just writing a text file? If so, that might be an SD Card issue.

Nope, not that I've noticed.

Well, I've seen a bug in gpFCE-GP2X where files in the appdata directory seem to get deleted (really annoying, especially because that includes the FDS BIOS). Maybe there's a similar bug in some other emulators?

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to connect my n64 controller to the pandora through an n64 to pc adapter but I don't get it to work at all. I can't even find the controller being recognized by pandora. So is there like a tutorial or something on how to use it (does it even work?). Would appreciate your help.

Back