Usb Gamepad Doesn't Work In Picodrive Or The Newest Mame Version

sirthunder516

Still Fresh
Website
retronuggetdev.com
I just bought a generic USB gamepad today. It's styled after the Sega Saturn gamepad. Anyway, it doesn't work at all. Mame and Picodrive don't recognize it and there's no way to set the buttons. (I'm aware of the 2p controller section of the Picodrive menu and the 2p controls in the Mame config menu but neither menu detects keypresses from the controller.)
The controller itself is the Retrolink USB SEGA Saturn Classic Controller. Any help is appreciated.

SiRTHUNDER516 said:
I just bought a generic USB gamepad today. It's styled after the Sega Saturn gamepad. Anyway, it doesn't work at all. Mame and Picodrive don't recognize it and there's no way to set the buttons. (I'm aware of the 2p controller section of the Picodrive menu and the 2p controls in the Mame config menu but neither menu detects keypresses from the controller.)
The controller itself is the Retrolink USB SEGA Saturn Classic Controller. Any help is appreciated.
Did you enable the usb host in the options section? Does it work if you plug in a keyboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
qbertaddict said:
SiRTHUNDER516 said:
Did you enable the usb host in the options section? Does it work if you plug in a keyboard?
I don't have any generic USB keyboards to try, but I tried a different USB gamepad by the same manufacturer and all of it's buttons worked except for the d-pad. I have the USB host option enabled.

qbertaddict said:
SiRTHUNDER516 said:
I don't have any generic USB keyboards to use, but I tried a different USB gamepad by the same manufacturer and all of it's buttons worked except for the d-pad. I have the USB host option enabled.

EDIT: Oops, double post. How can I delete this?

Back