Emulators that support 2 players with externel usb pad

Website
Visit site
Hi,

I planned to travel and really want to play with my little boy during the trip to introduce him to video games, so I try to connect my usb gamepad on the Pandora.

First, I need a USB Hub to make my gamepad works, If it's directly plug on the Pandora it's not recognized. Pandora only support USB 2

device directly, so USB Hub is needed to support usb 1 devices.

I first tried PicoDrive, because I know that it works on other handled like Caanoo.

Good point: the game pad is present on controler config menu and I can configure "Player 2 control" with the USB gamepad.

Bad point: There is a kind of conflict with the onboard controller and the usb gamepad, it seems that all controls are shared between the 2 controllers, so when I press "right" on the USB gamepad, both player 1 and 2 go to "right", and it's the same for buttons.

It's strange because if I press onborad DPad, only player 1 is moving. Can't find a way to make it works.

Then I tried FBA, but nothing was reconized here.

I didn't test much, but now I want to share here, does anybody else test that ? on which Emus ?

Pandora has the potential to have 2 players emulation on the go, that's a fucking awesome feature. It's a shame that it doesn't already works on Emus like FBA, SNES, Picodrive or Mame.

So this post is a call to all of you who are interested to have 2 players on the go, what can we do to make 2 players as easy as just plug your gamepad and play ?

I'm also very interested.

However, in my case my secondary controller will be the ICP2 (when it gets shipped). I'm going to make the extremely optimistic and hopeful assumption that the TV-Out cables will be made by then (pretty pretty please oh benevolent force that watches over the fates of men).

What kind of comparability will I be able to expect?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

You've done something wrong with your picodrive config. Check again, because it works perfectly.

PCSX rearmed is ok too for 2 playas.

PanMAME works flawlessly with external usb controllers. I tested it with 2 usb joypads and TV out.

You can map all controls as you like in the menu.

There is no 2 player support in Snes9x4P. But patches are welcome for adding it. I simply don't have time to work on things so unless someone else steps up, 2 player support will not be added. The sourcecode is available at github.

Back