Usb Connection Problem

Ashley

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hello to gp32x.de forum users,

Firstly, my apologies if this question has been addressed elsewhere. :unsure:

I have recently purchased a GP2X F100 with firmware 2.1.0 from a local (Australian) official distributor with TV out cable and GP2X original AC adapter. I am presently using a 1GB SanDisk SD (pn SDSDB-1024-P60).

Unfortunately I cannot successfully connect the USB interface to my PC(s) while the AC adapter is in use. Both test hosts are Windows XP. Removing the AC adapter immediately corrects the connection problem however this action reboots the GP2X. This problem exists for both SD card and NAND connection.

In short, I cannot establish the USB link while the AC adapter is in use and can only connect in USB mode while running on batteries.

I would greatly appreciate any shared experience, or insight into this apparent issue.

- Ashley

Last edited by a moderator:
works for me, however im not using the official adaptor, i think the usb is very sensitive to unstable voltages, maybe you could try another (more stable) ac adaptor.
Or maybe you could solder in some elko to clear the mess up...

Cheers Vimacs ;)

I have replaced the factory supplied USB cable with another I had couresty of an IBM RSA and would you believe it corrects this problem.

Yay! :D

So now I can write to the GP2X without relying soley on batteries. Should anyone else experience this problem with the factory cable and AC adapter; try a new USB cable.

- Ashley

Back