Cradle Problems

manny

Still Fresh
I have firmware 3.0 and just bought a cradle and tried to connect my external HD and my pent drive. I plug in my GP2x to the ac adapter and hook it up to the cradle. Everything lights up and turns on, but my GP2x doesn't detect anything that I plug in (including my joypad). I've tried mapping the keys in various emulators with my usb third party joypad but thing is working.
Is the problem with my firm ware? And if it is, how do I downgrade (I know its a risky processes)?

anyone that can help would really make my day!
thanks again

cheers,
manny

To downgrade just put the files from firmware 2.0.0 onto your SD card. Turn the GP2x off. Then hold down start+select as you power it back on and it will begin the downgrade process.

Once you are down to 2.0.0 wipe your SD and put the files for 2.1.1 onto the card. Do the whole start+select thing again, then go into the utilities menu and run the update/upgrade.gpu file from the SD card. You'll be on firmware 2.1.1 then.

Have you enabled all the usb settings from the menu yet? They're off by default. Also, not all software supports usb controllers so make sure you're using compatable emulators.

woogal said:
Have you enabled all the usb settings from the menu yet? They're off by default. Also, not all software supports usb controllers so make sure you're using compatable emulators.
yeh - have you followed the instructions that came with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
norm said:
woogal said:
yeh - have you followed the instructions that came with it?

Yea I did, but I couldn't find anything on usb options.

Thanks guys for all the help. :D

Perhaps I may be getting all these problems because of my firmware.

I will try to downgrade and later try my HD on it.

thanks again,

It probably has nothing to do with your firmware (changing firmware should always be seen as a last resort, not something to try just for the hell of it).

Check the menu settings again. If you've not enabled usb devices then that is your problem.

Yorper said:
To downgrade just put the files from firmware 2.0.0 onto your SD card. Turn the GP2x off. Then hold down start+select as you power it back on and it will begin the downgrade process.

Once you are down to 2.0.0 wipe your SD and put the files for 2.1.1 onto the card. Do the whole start+select thing again, then go into the utilities menu and run the update/upgrade.gpu file from the SD card. You'll be on firmware 2.1.1 then.
Thanks! It boot a heck lot faster! I updated to 2.0 and everything changed then I updated to 2.1.1 and it took less than a minute to update and it looked pretty much the same as 2.0.
When I first turn on my gp2x it boots like 2.0 and says its FM2.0 and a green screen pop says FM2.1.1

I go into info and it says its still 2.0 :huh:

Yorper said:

Thanks! It boot a heck lot faster!!!! :gp2x :D :D

I know it was risky but I had to! it was temped!

woogal said:
It probably has nothing to do with your firmware (changing firmware should always be seen as a last resort, not something to try just for the hell of it).

Check the menu settings again. If you've not enabled usb devices then that is your problem.
Thanks,but I can't seem to find a usb setting under 'system'....would that be the option 'mount on boot' ?

cheers

Have you turned on the "Menu Extension" on and then the appropriate "USB HOST" options ("USB Host", "Storage", "Human Interface") on?

manny said:
I go into info and it says its still 2.0 :huh:
Because after you do the whole start+select thing again to take you upto 2.1.1 you must then run the update.gpu file off the sd card. You can access it via the utilities menu. Also it may not be called update.gpu it may be upgrade.gpu but its something like that :p That or you just ran the update.gpu file and didnt do the start+select thing again. But you must do both of these steps to upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1 B)

Either way, once you do that everything will say you are running 2.1.1 ;)

Thanks, I had forgotten about that, but everything is running perfect! waaaay better than 3.0.
it takes me at most about 7 seconds to boot 2.1.1 and would take me 30 on 3.0

Parkydr said:
Have you turned on the "Menu Extension" on and then the appropriate "USB HOST" options ("USB Host", "Storage", "Human Interface") on?
yep, turned all of them on.
I've tried to play beats of rage with the usb joystick but nothing worked <_<

so everything worked out fine except one thing, it doesn't detect my external 300gb HD. It reads everything else, but this hd it wont.
I left it alone to load the contect, but after 15 mins i gave up. any ideas?

Hard drives need to be formatted with fat32, and it's unlikely that your 300gb drive is formatted with fat32 (unless you know what you're doing windows won't let you format 300gb using fat32 and it will just use ntfs instead).

woogal said:
Hard drives need to be formatted with fat32, and it's unlikely that your 300gb drive is formatted with fat32 (unless you know what you're doing windows won't let you format 300gb using fat32 and it will just use ntfs instead).
I tried formating it in xubuntu, but I keep getting a permissions error. I`ll try fdisk in console.

thanks

manny said:
Parkydr said:
yep, turned all of them on.
I've tried to play beats of rage with the usb joystick but nothing worked <_<

-Awesome quote - thanks i just tried this and it totally worked for me - peace -jb

Back