Gp2x Cannot See Sd Card

Kaeru the Frog

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2X today but I'm having trouble using it. I have a 1GB SanDisk SD card but the GP2X cannot read from it. I can connect the GP2X to my computer and Windows can read and write to the card that way but nothing shows up in the GP2x explorer nor will it boot from the card. I formatted it in Windows to FAT32. I have ordered a card reader but it will take a bit to arrive and I'm really impatient to play. Can anybody help?

Also, where could I buy an AC adapter for the GP2X? The one on Lik-Sang is 20$ plus shipping from Korea.

This is a common problem. Reformat your card in a card reader using FAT32, and you should be good to go.

The problem is that Windows XP sees the disk as a harddrive, not a memory card, and so it formats it in the wrong way (creating a partition table etc). The gp2x can't recognize that kind of partition table and so it doesn't show up. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future firmware..

I've had a similar problem except that the two card readers I've bought are treating my Sandisk 2GB Ultra II card as a 1GB card. Even my ancient USB 1.1 camera is able to format the card correctly as a 2GB card. Unfortunately when I use my digital camera the GP2X doesn't detect the card. My card readers format the card as 1GB but it is detected by the GP2X. This is a stupid situation considering I've got a Sandisk card reader. I asked three online retailers about whether it supported 2GB and they all said yes!

Thanks for the help.

Can I format the card correctly through the GP2X with Linux? I'm using Kubuntu, though, and I don't know how to get the card to show up.

Alright, I got it showing up in Linux and tried running 'mkdosfs -F 32 -I -n gp2x -v /dev/sda' but I still have the same problem. OS can read and write to the card but the GP2X can't. Guess I'll have to wait for my card reader to arrive.

Back