Us Election 2004

Who do you think will become the next US President?

• Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kerry

• Nader or some other no-hoper

• Total voters

WhizzBang posted on Oct 20 2004 at 10:08 PM said:
A UK newspaper called the Guardian had an awful idea of getting it's readers to write to undecided voters in Ohio to try to convince them to vote for Kerry (I think this is an awful idea as I know I would be pissed off if someone from another country wrote to me about my vote in my country).

Anyway, the Guardian have taken the brave step of publishing some of the replies and you can read them here. Some of them are fairly frank and often funny in their abuse and contempt for liberal limeys meddling in their affairs.

Man those are some real assholes in that post. I for one would be for any "liberal Limeys" if it would help us to flush Bush. If it would help us get rid of Bush then please, meddle away. We need all of the help we can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised to see that so many of you have voted that Kerry will win. I voted Bush, because I think he will win, it almost seems certain. The poll is about who do we THINK will win and not who we WANT to win. I will vote for Kerry in the election, but I think "dubya" will win. Too many of us Americans are scared stupid by the terrorist lot. They somehow think Bush will stop them.

yesterday bush was giving a speech and he said america will not have an all volenteer army
really
it was on the daily show
then like joe from the hardware store corrected him
freaking retard

thebluenewt posted on Oct 20 2004 at 11:59 PM said:
Skop posted on Oct 20 2004 at 08:10 PM said:
1)Not enough seats to be in for a chance for leadership until the electoral system is changed.

2) Then why does it work in other countries? Why aren't Nazi Parties springing up all over the place? In Ireland? Wales? Scotland? Germany? Malta? If their popularity increases, then something is wrong with our current parties. Wiemar Germany only went tits up because of major debt problems the allies inflicted on them and a great depression.
Extremist Parties only get power if people vote for them.
Basically, if the majority of the people vote for a party, why not let the party in power? They deserve it, don't they?

Even with proportional representation Lib Dems would have no chance of winning.

As I said if something major went wrong in this country some people could look to extremist parties, this is more likely if they already have a small power base. It may be very unlikely, I doubt anyone is going to impose massive reparations upon us, but who knows what the future holds.

In general it sounds good but I think it's flawed. Loads of different parties would be represented in the Commons, that's bound to lead to more bickering and the whole process will be slowed. I bet rediculous parties would be launched, probably backed by students and the internet - it would be like the "Jedi" religion appearing on thousands of census forms...

That may be true but if we had a single transferable vote system they would certainly become the official oppossition, and most likely be a damned good one.

Bush will, I fear, win. He shouldn't (imo), but he probably will.

Unfortunately, given how influential America is, its not just America who'll be stuck with him for the next 4 years, but the rest of the world as well...

A UK newspaper called the Guardian had an awful idea of getting it's readers to write to undecided voters in Ohio to try to convince them to vote for Kerryhere. Some of them are fairly frank and often funny in their abuse and contempt for liberal limeys meddling in their affairs.

Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
Wading River, NY

ouch :(

Skop posted on Oct 21 2004 at 05:58 PM said:
A UK newspaper called the Guardian had an awful idea of getting it's readers to write to undecided voters in Ohio to try to convince them to vote for Kerryhere. Some of them are fairly frank and often funny in their abuse and contempt for liberal limeys meddling in their affairs.

Have you not noticed that Americans don't give two shits what Europeans think of us? Each email someone gets from some arrogant Brit telling us why to NOT vote for George Bush is going to backfire, you stupid, yellow-toothed pansies ... I don't give a rat's ass if our election is going to have an effect on your worthless little life. I really don't. If you want to have a meaningful election in your crappy little island full of shitty food and yellow teeth, then maybe you should try not to sell your sovereignty out to Brussels and Berlin, dipshit. Oh, yeah - and brush your goddamned teeth, you filthy animals.
Wading River, NY

:lol: :lol: lol

My dear, beloved Brits,
I understand the Guardian is sponsoring a service where British citizens write to Americans to advise them on how to vote. Thank heavens! I was adrift in a sea of confusion and you are my beacon of hope!

Feel free to respond to this email with your advice. Please keep in mind that I am something of an anglophile, so this is not confrontational. Please remember, too, that I am merely an American. That means I am not very bright. It means I have no culture or sense of history. It also means that I am barely literate, so please don't use big, fancy words.

Set me straight, folks!
Dayton, Ohio

:D I like this person.

All the deluded people going on about 1776 are funny too.

IMO Bush and Kerry are hopeless. Theres far better people around to lead the US, just noone realises it. For example Rudoph Guiliani would make a great Republican president and Hilary Clinton would also make a pretty good Democrat president.

Bush and Kerry are both muppets, the fact that they have three "presidential debates" is inconsequential. In the UK they have it week in week out.. its called "Prime Minister's Questions".

Skop posted on Oct 21 2004 at 03:58 PM said:

Wading River, NY

Lol Americans are hilarious. There are actually people voting for Bush thats funny in itself.

The worrying thing is, that guy knows enough about us to know how Europe undermines our sovereiginty, so he can't be that stupid....but by God, if that's an educated response I'll be damned.

Also, The Guardian is supposed to be independant is it not?

Mark posted on Oct 21 2004 at 09:10 PM said:
Also, The Guardian is supposed to be independant is it not?

I don't think the Guardian is in the least bit Independant. It is left of centre and so generally pro-Labour, although like any UK newspaper it takes it's opportunities to kick the government in the teeth when it can.

Back