Unbrickable

may88

So they say the Pandora is unbrickable!

If I was to place my Pandora* on a hard surface, and swiftly bring down a standard house brick upon it. I'd say it would be well and truly bricked.

Given a moment of extreme frustration. How would you destroy your pride and joy*? And what Pandora** frustration could possibly drive you to do such a thing?

*-yet to be delivered at a later date.
**-Post delivery. You can't destroy a thing before you have begot a thing.

Stupid_face1.JPG

Attachments

• Stupid_face1.JPG
    Stupid_face1.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 325
I'd go with a drawn out James Bond style scenario. The Pandora would be strapped to a bench while a high powered laser crept t'ward its nethers at a rate of 3mm per hour. I'd spend 5 minutes in the room monologuing, before leaving to warm up my jetpack and escape the facility. The Pandora would of course free itself in my absence, wipe the dust from its tuxedo and proceed to get laid while my previously sabotaged jetpack launched me into the sun.

What is your order number?!!

With my luck, I think I'll probably brick (relatively speaking) mine while attempting to do a NAND update and having some random failure mid-way the re-flashing. Then none of my SD cards will :
  1. be large enough
  2. be compatible for booting from
  3. be locatable in my infinite mess of crap
I will probably end up with a Pandora that boots part of the way, then resets and starts over.

With my luck. :(

Or I'll end up implementing a fix by editing a script, but missing one little detail like a chmod 755 or something, and end up with no GUI, XFCE, X, no nothing but a # prompt with no root access. Even worse, I'd be stuck with no other editor than vi to try to undo some change to some runlevel script. Or I'll end up disabling or misconfiguring the video driver somehow (say I needed to change the refresh rate so that a C64 emulator would work correctly at 60Hz) and it'll just boot to a black screen.

Yeah. vi would really be my undoing. esc-esc-:wq

Like I said, with my luck.

atomicthumbs said:
Why would I destroy something I've waited for since 2007
Yes! That was the question.

Zotty said:
I'd call that smashed, not bricked ;)
No! I was metaphorically using a brick.

Alerino said:
whatever you are smoking or drinking, i'll pass...
It's alcohol. Makes silly posts like this one more amusing than I'll think it is in the morning.

XxionxX said:
So you've never chucked a controller across the room in frustration? The Pandora is the controller and there lies the danger.

mali said:
WTF! Woosh! I think I'm missing something here. Don't tell me I wouldn't understand.

Attachments

• Stupid_face1.JPG
    Stupid_face1.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
WTF! Woosh! I think I'm missing something here. Don't tell me I wouldn't understand.
Oh, you wouldn't understand anyway, good night.

atomicthumbs said:
Why would I destroy something I've waited for since 2007
because I like making people cry,

plus I'll still have mine... cause that one was yours ;)

It may be unbrickable, but I'll bet it's not unhammerable.

Personally, I'm hoping that this guy is at the front of the queue.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI&showinfo=0&showsearch=0&fs=1&start=10[/video]

... And I hope he's still wearing that hat.

VRAndy said:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI&showinfo=0&showsearch=0&fs=1&start=10[/video]

lol, I love that video...while I think the comments were maybe unwarranted...if someone destroyed their pandora that would be awful

VRAndy said:

<snip>

LOL. It would only work if the guy was wearing Craig's hat. :)

edit:typo

may88 said:
VRAndy said:

<snip>

LOL. It would only work if the guy was wearing Craig's hat. :)

edit:typo
But... It could have been used for Linux! *CRIES*
That's not the way to hack it.

A grinder.
I love chopping sh!t up with a grinder.

I took to a PS3 mobo (YLOD) with a flat head screwdriver and then got bored and hit it a few times with a grinder when I was working on a bike. Hahahahahaha!!

Back