Unable to upload a file when adding resource

M-HT

Very Active Member
Website
github.com
I'm trying to add a resource, but I can't upload a file.
When I select a file to upload, the progress bar goes from empty to full, but then nothing happens - the progress bar is full and it looks like it's still uploading, but it doesn't finish the upload.

I tried it in a browser with disabled javascript and flash not installed and I got this text after trying to upload the file:
Code:
The uploaded file is too large.

What is the file size limit ?

Oh, damn, it was set to 2MB! Forgot to change that.
I've now increased it to be somewhat unlimited.

I have a different problem, I can't even find a button to upload any resource file.
There is a button "upload images", "save", "preview", two for URLs, "upload resource icon", description.
I don't see anything else so that I can actually upload my zip file.
I just made an entry for GP32mark, but without even a download button, because I can't find it. Is it my browser not even displaying the additional buttons or is it something obvious I have missed? What do I click to upload resources?

It's down near the text box when posting, just right of the "Post Reply" button.

The resources page looks like a different animal, not sure who has access to that other than EvilDragon.

EDIT:
I see an add resources button in the top right corner... maybe it's user restricted?

Yes, I can find the Upload a File when I post in the forums. And that's how I now posted a new release post in the GP32 news forums.

But my problem was, in the add resources page there is no button anywhere that says "Upload File" or File URL or something. Yet, I can make new resource, add pictures, description, but just empty. Maybe it is restricted and I need to send the files to some admin? How does it work?

On the form that pops up after I've chosen the right category for my new resource, it has a section which allows to be add a file to the resource. Perhaps it varies by category though; I tried category 'Puzzle and board games' just now.

I'm using FF 43 with JS off, FWIW.

Oops, I know what's going on.
There is a tree and I selected GP32->Applications.
I should be more specific in my selection, GP32->Applications->what kind of applications.
So,. the site allows you to select nodes that don't make sense, and you can upload resources but there is no resource upload button/form if you do so.

Ok,. at least I know now what's going on.

Back