How to upload files that aren't .zpk or .fpk?

Punisher

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I can't figure out how to upload files to the GP32 that aren't .zpk or .fpk. I'm trying to upload Doom which is a fxe file with PCLink but I can't figure it out. I'm having the same problem with MoviePark trying to upload .AVI's. Do I have to download some codecs to turn the file into the correct Divx format or what?

Thanks

You need freelauncher (from the gamepark website when you register your gp32) to launch fxe files. Just copy the fxe files injto the GPMM folder on the GP32 using PClink. They'll then appear in freelauncher for you to run.

You use the copy and paste buttons in the toolbar of pc-link to copy .avi, .mp3, .fxe etc files over to the GP32.

Select the file or files from your harddrive/cd-rom you want to copy over to the GP32. Select the folder on the GP32 you want to put the file/s, Then click paste.

Trooper

Thanks for your help guys. I got the files uploaded no problem. But I can't get anything to work. I first tried Doom V5 and it just freezes at the loading screen. So, then I tried version 4 and that game won't even boot up (it tells me some kind of error then says it's shutting down). I also tried a 2600 emulator and the program will boot up but when I try to play the ROM it just goes to a black screen and freezes. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you copied the doom wad file to the GP32???
It goes in gp://game/doom.

As for the Atari 2600 emu, I have not had the pleasure of trying it, So have no idea how it performs.
But im sure someone else will be able to help you out on this one.

Trooper

Back