Umm...

bennyboy

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
This is pretty stupid, but when i download some games/emulators all i get is one file which isnt recognised by my gp2x and i dont know what to do with it... im not so clever... i really wna to try the mame emulator but im not sure how to load it, theres no readme or anything

rar has a better compression algorythm available and is more open than zip eg: BETTER!

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 13 2006 at 05:10 PM said:
rar has a better compression algorythm available and is more open than zip eg: BETTER!

Actually zip is more open, you can download loads of different implementations with source that still work with pkunzip =)

RAR has a open source decompression module, and the source cannot be used to make a compression module out of it, but allows any program to decompress RARs as they want. RAR is not more open than zip.

RAR is definitely better than zip, but I define "better" by average compression levels. 7zip is better than RAR in my opinion, and also free and open source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay, I didn`t know that only the decompression module was open source... that puts it back of course, but still better than zip. 7zip seems to be the winnder all along anyway...

Back