Umid's "super Mini Laptop"

none of these companies care or know about the pandora. they're not trying to compete with an underground handheld that isn't even in the same market as them.

There is something wrong with the keybord, it has a hump on the top edge, seems to be bad build quality.
Regarding competition it's the other way around. Pandora is coming from the underground but will kick some serious ass in MID space :)

Probably it's a prototype, hence the bulge in the keyboard. I expect when this model ever comes to production, the bulge will have disappeared.

Still, it's looking verly slick, one of the better netbooks. And specs aren't bad for this kind of device either.

But since it hasn't been designed as a gaming device, I could imagine myself having both (presuming I have the money for it and want to spend it ;) in peaceful existence and using both.

I am sorry but I don't think that this looks like a good UMPC. The specs are good but I am so tired of the shiny piano finish look... all the shininess makes devices like these look like cheap dolce and gabana knock offs. Also, just look at that monstrosity when the lid is shut!!! From the side it looks like a deformed chrome sandwich. And the keyboard is awful... is that even a full keyboard? I dunno... I'll be happy with my pandora, but if I needed a UMPC with an x86 architecture I sure wouldn't buy this ugly thing.

Not something I would buy, personally. It looks like it occupies an awkward place in the mobile computer market. Too big to compare with the Pandora, the N8x0, and the like, but too small to compare with the netbook trend. That keyboard is the case in point. I doubt I could thumb-type comfortably on it, but it's too small to fully touch type as well. My EEE 701 is right at the lower limit of what's comfortable to type on, and this is even smaller. And looking at those specs, I bet it will cost quite a bit, too. The idea has potential, though, and I'd love to see that screen on something a little more sensibly designed. Just my thoughts, though. I'm sure some of the Psion users on this board are pretty excited about this thing.

Back