Uae4all Questions

I sorted my problem out (freezing on selecting reset). It was the rom. I was using 'Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[b3].rom'. This rom displays 'Jeesus!' at the top of the DOS window (that comes up on booting some games). This rom freezes the emulator when selecting reset on the menu. I am now using 'Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[o].rom'. This rom displays 'AmigaDOS' at the top of the DOS window and now I don't have to restart the emulator when I want to change game! Cheers!
It would be nice if you could save the options on the menu and a slightly smaller font on the rom selector so you can see more of the filename (like which disk your mounting). I personally haven't noticed any difference on 0.7.2 but great work anyway. All updates are much appreciated.

liveevil said:
I sorted my problem out (freezing on selecting reset). It was the rom. I was using 'Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[b3].rom'. This rom displays 'Jeesus!' at the top of the DOS window (that comes up on booting some games). This rom freezes the emulator when selecting reset on the menu. I am now using 'Kickstart v1.3 rev 34.5 (1987)(Commodore)(A500-A1000-A2000-CDTV)[o].rom'. This rom displays 'AmigaDOS' at the top of the DOS window and now I don't have to restart the emulator when I want to change game! Cheers!
It would be nice if you could save the options on the menu and a slightly smaller font on the rom selector so you can see more of the filename (like which disk your mounting). I personally haven't noticed any difference on 0.7.2 but great work anyway. All updates are much appreciated.

To see differences try Turrican 3, Shadow of The Beast and Project X special edition.(and probably some others) you will see they work on .2 but not on .1

To see what disk your mounting press select on the filename and it brings up a window with the full filename (minus characters such as brackets)

Last edited by a moderator:
awww I was nearly about to receive at TV Sports Football.... locked up on me at the pitch screen... :( gonna try different settings

EDIT: hell damn fart!! settings 100/50 :) :) work.. hate American Football normally.. but always had a soft spot for this... loving it

thanks a million :) :)

hmm what games now :) this version has opened it up to all sorts of possibilites

I remember it being tricky to run some games on a REAL Amiga like having to use a certain amount of chip/fast ram, disabling external drives, using certain kickstart versions etc. How come these options aren't on UAE4All ? I find the clock/sync thing a bit too confusing, if my games don't work on 100/100 I wouldn't know what to set it to. If the options were similar to WinUAE you could save certain presets. UAE4All is still a very good emulator overall.

liveevil said:
I remember it being tricky to run some games on a REAL Amiga like having to use a certain amount of chip/fast ram, disabling external drives, using certain kickstart versions etc. How come these options aren't on UAE4All ? I find the clock/sync thing a bit too confusing, if my games don't work on 100/100 I wouldn't know what to set it to. If the options were similar to WinUAE you could save certain presets. UAE4All is still a very good emulator overall.
At the moment I find the best settings are the default settings.

UAE4ALL is supposed to emulate the Amiga 500 therefore kickstart 1.3 should be used. Ony amigas with higher kickstarts would need to downgrade to 1.3 to get games to work usually with a package called Relokick. You are able to use other kickstarts just call them kick.rom and put them in the main folder.
Disabling extra drives was only neccassary because the amiga used ram to register them. I dont think it matters with the emulator

1MB ram is supported and this is enough for most A500 A500+ and A600 games. games using 2 MB or more are usually A1200 AGA games with 68020 processor. None of this is supported.

So what Im saying is none of these things are supported because they dont need to be supported on an emulator of a standard A500

100/50 worked with TVSports Football, whereas 100/100 didn`t..

I usually leave it at 100/50 for most stuff....now :)

Great work on the emu guys, it's so nice to play some older games on the GP2X. They all look fantastic thanks.

One question I'm trying to get Cannon fodder 1 and Sim City going.

What's happening with Cannon Fodder is it loads and I press return to skip title screen and it asks for disk 2, change to disk 2 and it flashes blue and does not continue.

Sim City loads and then goes to kick start 1.4 blue screen and shows a disk icon for SimCity 512k.

Hoping someone can help these are my fav games :).

I'm also currently using UAE4All 0.7.2 :)

Cheers

Josh

foleyjo said:
liveevil said:
At the moment I find the best settings are the default settings.

UAE4ALL is supposed to emulate the Amiga 500 therefore kickstart 1.3 should be used. Ony amigas with higher kickstarts would need to downgrade to 1.3 to get games to work usually with a package called Relokick. You are able to use other kickstarts just call them kick.rom and put them in the main folder.
Disabling extra drives was only neccassary because the amiga used ram to register them. I dont think it matters with the emulator

1MB ram is supported and this is enough for most A500 A500+ and A600 games. games using 2 MB or more are usually A1200 AGA games with 68020 processor. None of this is supported.

So what Im saying is none of these things are supported because they dont need to be supported on an emulator of a standard A500

A real A500 does has some problems running early A500 games if the machine has additional drives or RAM expansions, and there are some issues with OCS games on ECS machines. I remember this because I had several A500s back in the 80-90's and had to unplug external drives or use RAM & Chipset hacks on occasion.

A vanilla A500 has 512KB by default, but most people quickly expanded to 1MB ( 1/2 chip RAM, 1/2 fast RAM ). UAE4all seems to emulate ECS?, 1MB chip? RAM and 2 floppy drives by default. This will cause problems with early software. Fortunately most titles have been hacked/patched/cracked to work on 1Meg A500s, so we wont see to many problems.

The A1200 came on the scene much later, (I had one of those too) with AGA, 020 and 2Meg RAM. There arent a lot of games for AGA and most are just ports of OCS/ECS titles to run on the newer hardware, so not having those features emulated in UAE4all isnt a huge loss.

Hi. I've got a question about using the virtual keyboard. I'm playing Alien Breed and need to press the left ALT key to change weapons.

There doesn't seem to be one... It's been a while since I used a real amiga, so I checked out a photo of what an A500 keyboard looks like. Seems like there should be two keys to the left of the spacebar, with ALT being the one furthest to the left, and UAE4ALL only has one key there.

What I've been doing is pressing the right shoulder button, moving to the key, pressing B, and then pressing the left shoulder button to close the virtual keyboard. Is that right?

joshwaan2k said:
What's happening with Cannon Fodder is it loads and I press return to skip title screen and it asks for disk 2, change to disk 2 and it flashes blue and does not continue.
When it flashes blue, insert Disk 1 again, let it load for 5seconds (ish) then slap Disk 2 back in! That should sort it. You may have to do that again when you load up a mission, just do the same thing. :)

woboton said:
Hi. I've got a question about using the virtual keyboard. I'm playing Alien Breed and need to press the left ALT key to change weapons.
hey man, I'm having the same problem. I've tried EVERY button on the virtual keyboard, and nothing. Alt is maybe not bound to the virtual keyboard? It's a bit confusing. :S

Back