Typing accents on the pandora.

DrHAX

T̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶u̶t̶h̶o̶r̶ The Artist
Okay, I've been getting into using my pandora heavily as a word processor for my stories. After working on a baton style collaboration, I've noticed i'm going to need to type up quite a bit of accents due to the setting is using a lot of gaelic and norse words. The issue is I can't figure out compose, (Feels like i'm trying to be a dj with my pandora.. Shift enter FN ALT  '... I?!) So is there a symbol menu? Or I am going to have to copy and paste these letters in.

Compose is shift-enter.

E.g. to make é you do compose ' e, so shift-enter fn-a e.

Yes, this takes quite a lot of keystrokes just to get one accented letter. My proposal for the Pyra is to have a dedicated compose key, and to also have dead-key variants of the common diacritics (' ` ^ etc).

Here is a list of compose key sequences: http://www.hermit.org/Linux/ComposeKeys.html

Anotehr way is to type in Libreoffice and let it correct your missing accents automatically. Not perfect, but saves time.
last time I checked libre office doesn't have a setting for ancient Norse and Celtic Gaelic :/ is there a pnd of a menu bar with accent letters on it? If I could program such a thing I would because it'd be so helpful. I'm thinking just a bar that snaps to the preexisting bar or to any side. And have it just scroll for accents. Seems simple... but simple ideas are usually complicated.

Some years ago I tried to convert accents into dead keys without success. Anyone knows how to accomplish it?

Anotehr way is to type in Libreoffice and let it correct your missing accents automatically. Not perfect, but saves time.
last time I checked libre office doesn't have a setting for ancient Norse and Celtic Gaelic :/ is there a pnd of a menu bar with accent letters on it? If I could program such a thing I would because it'd be so helpful. I'm thinking just a bar that snaps to the preexisting bar or to any side. And have it just scroll for accents. Seems simple... but simple ideas are usually complicated.
If you used an existing dock application and had a little program to generate fake key presses or manipulate the clipboard to contain the char, then you could make program launchers with the letter as it's icon which launch that program which generates the key presses or puts the letters into the clipboard.I guess if I needed it myself I could whip something up in a few hours at most, but at the moment I don't feel like spending that time on it.

Probably there already is such a program anyway, have you searched for stuff like it? I'm sure if you find some open source linux ones at least one of them will be easy enough to port that someone on the boards will port it for you if you ask.

Back