Two "new" Caanoo Games

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I've just recently ported two of my old Wiz games to the Caanoo - Drench and Guru Logic Champs.

I don't have a Caanoo, so haven't tested these myself, but BAFelton on Open Consoles stated that they work well on the Caanoo (Guru Logic Champs needs a tweak to the Left/Right shoulder buttons, but that can be done via the Options screen).

Drench - http://www.iprice.re...anoo_Drench.zip

drench01.PNG

Guru Logic Champs - http://www.iprice.re...Caanoo_Guru.zip

guru.PNG

Hope these add to your Caanoo enjoyment :)

I´m not too found of puzzle games, but I have been stuck in drench ever since released, really nice puzzle!

Both games are great and the presentation level and polish on guru logic champs is amazing.
It could perfecly be a nintendo release! great work Ian!

erico said:
I´m not too found of puzzle games, but I have been stuck in drench ever since released, really nice puzzle!

Both games are great and the presentation level and polish on guru logic champs is amazing.
It could perfecly be a nintendo release! great work Ian!

Err.. Guru Logic Champs was released on the Nintendo GBA. My version cuts out the chaff, and is presented in English (the original game was Japanese only) and with a larger screen size. It was coded from the ground up by me and some things were touched up a tad, but I really can't take the credit for the game itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with Guru Logic:
In caanoo version I can select only level 1 - 10, if i press "L" or "R" the game doesn't swich to next screen
Is this a bug?

In caanoo version I can select only level 1 - 10, if i press "L" or "R" the game doesn't swich to next screen
Is this a bug?

I don't have a Caanoo, so haven't tested these myself, but BAFelton on Open Consoles stated that they work well on the Caanoo (Guru Logic Champs needs a tweak to the Left/Right shoulder buttons, but that can be done via the Options screen).

;)

That was my second sentence in the first post.

iprice said:
Guru Logic Champs needs a tweak to the Left/Right shoulder buttons, but that can be done via the Options screen.

What tweak needs to be made exactly in the options? Just downloaded these and am curious. :p

A_Locomotive said:
iprice said:
Guru Logic Champs needs a tweak to the Left/Right shoulder buttons, but that can be done via the Options screen.

What tweak needs to be made exactly in the options? Just downloaded these and am curious. :p

As in my opinion as I play them...
Drench is fine, could do good if the joy control could go from top to down and inverse, like cycling, but then again , I play with the stylus so, fine.

Guru, you can rotate the board with the shoulder ones, running out normally only one works for me, by running options/set control and reassign buttons, you can make the left and right shoulder buttons work as in the how-to-play say.

Both great games.

erico said:
A_Locomotive said:
iprice said:

As in my opinion as I play them...
Drench is fine, could do good if the joy control could go from top to down and inverse, like cycling, but then again , I play with the stylus so, fine.

Guru, you can rotate the board with the shoulder ones, running out normally only one works for me, by running options/set control and reassign buttons, you can make the left and right shoulder buttons work as in the how-to-play say.

Both great games.

Ahh I see thanks. Another question. Is there a way I can rename Guru Logic Champs so it shows up that way in the game list instead of as caanoo_guru?

Not sure about the Caanoo, but on the Wiz you can change the file name, but you must also edit the .INI file to match your new file name. I used that name while porting so I knew which file was which (from the original).

iprice said:
Not sure about the Caanoo, but on the Wiz you can change the file name, but you must also edit the .INI file to match your new file name. I used that name while porting so I knew which file was which (from the original).
That's how it works on the Caanoo, as well. If you use notepad++, don't forget to go to preferences->New Document/Default Directory and set Format to Unix.

Akabei said:
iprice said:
That's how it works on the Caanoo, as well. If you use notepad++, don't forget to go to preferences->New Document/Default Directory and set Format to Unix.

Haha not sure I have the know how to do this, oh well I'll get used to it. :p

You should upload this to the repo. Guru Logic (the only one I played) it's like a drug! I really like it. I've spended about an hour only today! Great work, it only needs sound! :D

Great work, it only needs sound! :D

Guru Logic has got sound. And music. Is it silent for you? It shouldn't be.

I never uploaded to the repo as I planned to fix the key problem and add a decent icon. I never got around to it due to being busy with other projects and forgot all about it. To me Guru is an old project and I rarely look back.

Anyway, cheers :)

Well, it has sound effects but no music in the background for me. If you want a titlebar I can make one for you in the ajack's style, if you like it! :D

Back