Tv/video Out Card

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Ok to start off, I know absolutley nothing about video cards.

Anyway, my PC has a built in ATI Radeon Express card with a PCI expansion slot.

I'm mostly looking for a card with TV-out that will work alright with amatuer video editing as that's really all I use this computer for. If your wondering, I use an older version of Adobe Premiere (6.0 I think) to edit the videos. Anyway, I want a card that will allow me to playback what I've edited onto my TV with just a "click of the button." (and some rendering :lol: ).

So I was searcxhing the interweb and came across this ATI Radeon 9250 here

As far as I can tell it looks like what I want and it is definatley in my price range.

So, I just posted to see what you more computer-savy people think of it, or if you know of something else to suit my needs...

Here is a list of pretty much everything I even use my computer for. (In order of usage)

Video Editing (MovieStar, Premeire)
Watching DVD's (PowerDVD)
Games (THPS3+4, Flatout, Generally)
Music Listening (iTunes)
Emulation (Project64, VisualBoy Advance)
Basic Office Apps (Word, Powerpoint)

For a nice cheap solution you could try a Radeon 9250 (ATI Chipset). It has SVideo (Can be converted to composite) out and is easy to use if you download the Catalyst drivers from ATI.

The overlay has a theatre mode allowing you to send the direct draw layer straight to the TV. this means any video played appears full screen on the TV.

Hope that was of help.

I'm a bit of a Radeon fanboy ... we've use their line of cards for as long as I can remeber, with excellent performance for the price ... basically, get the best radeon card you can afford.
We have a Radeon AIW 9800 with several TV out/In options and have no complaints.

Thanks guys

I ended up getting a Radeon X300 from CompUSA for only $100 and so far it's been working perfect. It took me a little while to get my TV working with it but that ended up being because of a bad s-video cable.

I highly recommend radeon to anyone else looking for a video card

tekt5 posted on Feb 20 2006 at 10:32 PM said:
Thanks guys

I ended up getting a Radeon X300 from CompUSA for only $100 and so far it's been working perfect. It took me a little while to get my TV working with it but that ended up being because of a bad s-video cable.

I highly recommend radeon to anyone else looking for a video card
i have a x300 too, it sucks :p
our laptop gets more than 10 times as much points on 3dmark lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back