Tv Out

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
I've enquired about this before about the size being too big for my TV screen! Having just received my new F-200 I thought I'd try it again, still can't get the whole screen in, worse than this though, is the picture! Does everyone else get a decent picture out of it? Mine is a bit fuzzy and the colour is all wrong. I've tried all sorts of things.........(trial and error) but still it's not pleasant on the eye. Disappointing really as one of the main reasons I got it was for this. nearly everything works aswell which makes it even more frustrating. Sorry for the rather long rant! The TV is a 28" widescreen and fairly new, could it be the cable? Scart socket?

I use mine from the cradle to a old 54" rear-projection. A little overscan I can't adjust but other than that the picture is crisp. I don't have one of them newfangled TVs to test out your issue, though. Just confirming that normal TV out works for the GP2X menu and most games I run. I'd say fidget with your adjustments on your LCD for the SVIDEO connection. If you can set it, try it at 480i.

The 2x only outputs in dvd mode, which is maximum overscan. A rare few games will compensate for this, but the majority won't fit on your screen unless your tv allows for the overscan to be adjusted.

Yeah, Widescreen TVs don't like the GP2X. if you have a regular-sized screen TV, use that. Either that, or tell your TV not to resize the picture and force yourself not to complain about the black bars on the sides of the screen.

NickLoTurco said:
I'm using a scart adaptor (see below link) with the 3m TV out cable.........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RGB-Scart-to-3-RCA-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

There may be a problem with the Scart Adapter. I don't have any experience with Scart, myself, but I have read about color problems with S-Video to Scart adapters on the forum before. Try searching for that topic in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back