Tv Out

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
I'm getting close to buying my gp2x and i was just curious how well the TV out works for games and movies.... please only answer if you have a gp2x and have used the TV out for these two things... also can I make a longer TV out chord?

At the moment, it seems that (almost?) no one has the TV out cable. According to gp32z.com, they're expected to ship in 1-2 weeks (they've been delayed due to manufacturing issues?).

At any rate, the TV-out cable will plug into the bottom of the GP2X and will output 720x480 video (regular TV... probably NTSC?), which may or may not be scaled up from the 320x240 screen.

The outputs are s-video + stereo RCA jacks for audio. You can make the cable longer with s-video and RCA extender cables.

Hope that helps!

Well that was nice of you to reply but it was info I already knew.... that's why I had mentioned only replies from folks who have tried TV out... but if you were thinking no one has tried it then its understandable that you'd try helping out... ty.

But anyone actually rigged together or managed to buy a TV out cable and tried it? I need to know what game play on a tv is like.... and the movies... on a TV.

Well that was nice of you to reply but it was info I already knew.... that's why I had mentioned only replies from folks who have tried TV out... but if you were thinking no one has tried it then its understandable that you'd try helping out... ty.

I'm pretty sure that he doesn't just think that. ;) The only people who seem to have a tv-out-cable are from GPH.

btw: even if you would have one you couldn't do anything else than watching movies yet (if that is even possible)

Sorry, but I had to respond.

If you know that no one has it yet, then why make such a thread??

The only redeeming thing here is your Star Wars GIF.

Back