Tv-out Not So Good ;(

Well, at least you could test it; a lot of people are still waiting for PAL support. I tried hooking it up to the TV and it worked well, seemed to make contact without problems, but watching an ntsc signal on an old pal tv isn't pleasant at all.

Is there something you're supposed to do to test it besides just plugging it in? Update software(not firmware, have 1.1.0) or something? The "TV-OUT" on my settings menu doesn't do anything.
yeah, neither does mine. It's the only option on the menu which doesn't work at all...

In the latest firmware there is a program called movie player tv.gpe, you need to use that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least you could test it; a lot of people are still waiting for PAL support. I tried hooking it up to the TV and it worked well, seemed to make contact without problems, but watching an ntsc signal on an old pal tv isn\'t pleasant at all.

Is there something you\'re supposed to do to test it besides just plugging it in? Update software(not firmware, have 1.1.0) or something? The \"TV-OUT\" on my settings menu doesn\'t do anything.
yeah, neither does mine. It\'s the only option on the menu which doesn\'t work at all...

In the latest firmware there is a program called movie player tv.gpe, you need to use that.
hmm, thought i did. Ahh ill try to install it again

Hah hah! That's what I needed to know (GP32Z applied my firmware for me, so I never even saw it!). Works like a charm now. No wiggling needed (stupid SVideo cable is still WAY too short, though).

Are there any plans to merge that into the firmware rather than always having to run it seperately?

Hah hah! That\'s what I needed to know (GP32Z applied my firmware for me, so I never even saw it!). Works like a charm now. No wiggling needed (stupid SVideo cable is still WAY too short, though).

Are there any plans to merge that into the firmware rather than always having to run it seperately?
This is the same file in the firmaware 1.1.0 update? I already have that fw, so I downloaded it again and tried to put mplayer onto my 2x but the file isnt recognized. Is there a separate file needed im missing? im such a spaz...

Hah hah! That\'s what I needed to know (GP32Z applied my firmware for me, so I never even saw it!). Works like a charm now. No wiggling needed (stupid SVideo cable is still WAY too short, though).

This is the same file in the firmaware 1.1.0 update? I already have that fw, so I downloaded it again and tried to put mplayer onto my 2x but the file isnt recognized. Is there a separate file needed im missing? im such a spaz...

I went to gp2x.com (the file archive here wasn't working for me for some reason) and downloaded just the gpe file from thier download section. Put it on my flash card, then went to "Utilities" and there it is. Called "TV Out utility" right at the top of the list.

This is the place.

Yeah you need to run it from the Utilities menu, since it has .gpu extension. I changed it to .gpe because it's faster to go to the Game menu directly. What's the difference anyway?

Back