Tv Out Cables

Website
Visit site
Hello. When I got my tv out cables, they were so loose that I couldn't connect them to the t.v. Ive tried ductape and alot more.
I realize that that guy that faq said he could do it, but it didn't happen for me. Alot of people say that they can do it but I can't. Please help me. -Alterdimension

alterdimension posted on Mar 28 2007 at 04:06 PM said:
Hello. When I got my tv out cables, they were so loose that I couldn't connect them to the t.v. Ive tried ductape and alot more.
I realize that that guy that faq said he could do it, but it didn't happen for me. Alot of people say that they can do it but I can't. Please help me. -Alterdimension
Explain more please.

Too loose in the EXT of the GP??

Too loose on the S-Video?

Too loose on the red/white RCA Cinch??

Last edited by a moderator:
alterdimension posted on Mar 29 2007 at 12:06 AM said:

It is really loose real bad from the ext to the t.v.
So I can't connect to the t.v. It is the ext that is the problem.

alterdimension posted on Mar 29 2007 at 08:09 AM said:

Show us a picture of the connection between ext to TV, please.

yalborap posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:25 AM said:

This is really stupid but how do you post pictures?

alterdimension posted on Mar 29 2007 at 07:01 PM said:
yalborap posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:25 AM said:

This is really stupid but how do you post pictures?

Take the picture.

Then, upload it to www.imageshack.us

Then, look for the 'for forums' URL they give you. It should look something like this:

Code:
[img]URL to an image[/img]

Or this:

Code:
[url=URL to an image][img]URL of a different image[/img][/url]

You get the idea. Then just copy and paste it here.

alterdimension posted on Mar 29 2007 at 03:09 PM said:

Sorry, but that doesn´t make any sense to me. Which part is loose? the one that goes into the ext port? Or the svideo jack? Or is your Svideo cable too loose? Or do you try to connect your gp2x to the tv without any cables besides the tv-out adaptor?

<a href="http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=i3010013re2.jpg" target="_blank">
i3010013re2.th.jpg
</a>
Here are the pictures if I did it right.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8312/i3010011ht8
Here are the pictures if I did it right. I hope it works

right. I hope it works
[/quote]
[url="http://imageshack.us"][img]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8312/i3010011ht8.jpg

I think this will work hopefully

can someone help me get the really big picture off?

Ok, all you need to do is click the edit key near the bottom of your post and choose "full edit" and erase everything you don't want.

First of all. Did you go into settings and use the TV setting thing? You have to change to TV -Out in the settings.

Second, is your TV properly set to S-Video? Do you have a DVD player that does S-Video that you can use to check it (a Playstation or other video game with s-video will work too).

Now that the TV is working in S-Video, plug the GP2X into the TV. Go to the settings menu and choose TV, then press the button to switch to TV-Out.

Is there anything happening on your TV? Did the screen on the GP2X turn off?

If nothing shows up, Carefully press the connector into the GP2X.

Is there flickering on the TV screen?

If not, carefully press the connector toward the front or back of the GP2X as you push in, don't apply a lot of force.

If a picture shows up when you do that, the 3x5 card paper method will work for you (or any other card paper that is as thick as 4 or 5 pieces of paper). Cut the card paper to be as wide as the part that sticks into the GP2X.

You need to put the card paper on the side of the TV Cord with the little copper metal pins inside, that will press the pins into contact and make the TV cable work

nubie posted on Mar 30 2007 at 06:45 PM said:
Ok at all you need to do is click the edit key near the bottom of your post and choose "full edit" and erase everything you don't want.

First of all. Did you go into settings and use the TV setting thing? You have to change to TV -Out in the settings.

Second, is your TV properly set to S-Video? Do you have a DVD player that does S-Video that you can use to check it (a Playstation or other video game with s-video will work too).

Now that the TV is working in S-Video, plug the GP2X into the TV. Go to the settings menu and choose TV, then press the button to switch to TV-Out.

Is there anything happening on your TV? Did the screen on the GP2X turn off?

If nothing shows up, Carefully press the connector into the GP2X.

Is there flickering on the TV screen?

If not, carefully press the connector toward the front or back of the GP2X as you push in, don't apply a lot of force.

If a picture shows up when you do that, the 3x5 card paper method will work for you (or any other card paper that is as thick as 4 or 5 pieces of paper). Cut the card paper to be as wide as the part that sticks into the GP2X.

You need to put the card paper on the side of the TV Cord with the little copper metal pins inside, that will press the pins into contact and make the TV cable work

Hi. Can anyone kindly point me to the cardboard tv out guide? Thanks.

alterdimension posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:17 PM said:
Hi. Can anyone kindly point me to the cardboard tv out guide? Thanks.
It is on the file archive under TV fix by nubie, but here is the gist of it. (my original version I went in with a file and cut down the connector, but then everyone said it worked great without the filing, so I don't recommend it.)

First make a piece of thick paper like so, use something with about the thickness of a gift card, or a business card, or a 3x5 index card as I used here:

PDR_2660.jpg

Then put it in the opening like this, make sure it is in against the very front of the hole, not on the plastic part with the copper-colored connections:

PDR_2661.jpg

Plug in the TV cable and see if it works now.

PDR_2662.jpg

alterdimension: thanks for shoving that big blurry piece of nothing down my bandwidth's throat, much appreciated

Alex. posted on Mar 31 2007 at 09:24 PM said:
alterdimension: thanks for shoving that big blurry piece of nothing down my bandwidth's throat, much appreciated
If you think that is bad, he can't find the Edit key.

The Edit key that will let you erase the whole post.

HINT HINT

Back