Tv Out Cable Alternatives

GPM2k6

Still Fresh
Ok I did a search, but did not get any exact answers. From experience the AV Cables from my camcorder and video ipod TV out cables did not work. In theory they could work with some sort of modification, or even a program that configures the TV Out function to come from the headphone jack (not too sure how that would work though).

However I did stumble upon someone claiming that the following worked:

Archos
Zen Vision:M
Apple iBook A/V cable

Can anyone confirm this?

As the normal cable is too short, and I'd have to buy the adapter + the extension :rolleyes:

Thanks,

GPM2k6

Without digging to deeply, unless you were to encode the screen (frame by frame) as sound, and have something to decode that, there's no way to have just an application make video come out of the headphone socket.

Could be done with some hardware adjustments, but that would be some serious modding!

You can make yourself a tv-out/BOB cable using the circuits on the Wiki, then you can make it any length you like :)

Sorry I can't confirm the whole "Archos/Zen Vision:M/Apple iBook A/V cable" thing though, not sure what that's all about without more information (and perhaps someone sending me one or all of the devices mentioned ;) )

Edit, spelling... as usual.

Seems only the official 1 works for now ( I pmed the poster of the "suggested" cables), oh well I'll have to buy the official + extension cable as well.

However, he said with modifications the other ones could work, but it's not worth it for amateurs, plus the cable + extension doesn't total up that high, ~$20 if you get the extension on eBay.

Back