Tv-out.... Bsod...

DanSolo

Still Fresh
I got the TV-Out cable, connected it to one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150148911012, plugged it into the front of my DVD player, set it to AV3 and... blueness. I think I've tried all the obvious stuff, but suggestions/slaps please!
(I'm also trying to connect my laptop to it with similar results, so it may be just my DVD player? It works OK with an RCA<->RCA TV-Out from a Nvidia card PC...)

Fishbong said:
Did you try connecting it directly to the TV?
It's a big CRT TV on a wall mount, so I can't see the back of it that well, but I think when we put it up we just connected SCART (for digital TV) and composite (for analog TV) cables. There might be a S-Video jack... but I'd still prefer to use the DVD player which has a socket at the front!

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang said:
Did you select TV out mode on your GP2x?
I normally use Enexfi as my frontend, but I booted in the normal firmware and switched to PAL TV-out. The LCD blanks like I'd say it should.

I tested the 4pin S-Video to RCA jack on my Nvidia card tower PC, and there was nothing until I gave it a good wiggle... then I got a B+W picture. I have 3 brand new cables and they're all like this. I still suspect my DVD player.

DanSolo said:
I tested the 4pin S-Video to RCA jack on my Nvidia card tower PC, and there was nothing until I gave it a good wiggle... then I got a B+W picture. I have 3 brand new cables and they're all like this. I still suspect my DVD player.
Could probably be Macrovision built-in your dvd player, Try playing it straight into your tv, Thus removing your dvd player from the equation.

Trooper

Thanks guys, at least now I know it's a probable cause. Pity the TV itself has no s-video in!. I'll bring my GP2X to another TV and give it a go.

Back