Tv-out And Pc Engine

Da Fixer

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi i'm thinking to buy a gp2x :D

but i want to know is the tv out great? and how can i made a S-video leed?
and houw good is the pc engine emultion? is it full cd-rom2's surport?

Da Fixer

tv-output is great, especially in the videoplayer, because it outputs at a higher res than the lcd screen's 320x240 (check the wiki for details) - fantastic for watching movies. I regularly use my gp2x as a movie player for my TV. plus you don't have to recode anything (usually). it kicks ass.

it supports NTSC and PAL.

I've no idea how you could make your own s-video cable, but you don't need to - the official TV-out cable you can buy has an S-video connection. what a shame my crappy cheapo Tesco TV doesn't support S-video properly, so I have to convert it back to composite again with a little adaptor thingy :rolleyes:

I don't know what its like for playing games on a TV: I've already got a ps2, dc & n64 plugged into the tv, so I've not actually used it as a tv-based games machine. I only use it for games/emulaters when i'm out and about, eg on the train.

thanks shrubberyrobbery for reply ;)

i love shoot em up's on the pc engine B) (Soldier Blade,R-type,Final Soldier enz enz)
first i'm thinking to buy a Pc engine whit a CD-Rom2 player and a new PCE flashcard
but ther are hard to find and cost al lot of money :angry:

and a gp2x cost a lot cheaper then a compleet PCE console

and i can run more stuff on it

Back