Yet Another Tv-out Problem Thread

g4m3r

Hi,

I just ordered my TV-Out, and I have a few problem/questions.

1) The picture is zoomed in too much, cutting off parts of the picture. I tried it on 2 TVs and it's the same on both.

2) Gmenu2X comes out blurred and distorted, but if I press the "USB ON" button it looks ok...

3) *stupid question* In the TV-Out Fixer, what is a good refresh time to choose?

Thanks,

-g4m3r-

g4m3r posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:56 AM said:
1) The picture is zoomed in too much, cutting off parts of the picture. I tried it on 2 TVs and it's the same on both.
It's called overscan and it happens on all CRT TVs. TV programs are broadcast at 720x576 but different TVs will display different amounts of this area. Consoles get round this by running at a lower resolution and placing this in the centre of the screen, but the GP2X just scales everything up to 720x576 instead and so you'll loose stuff (as well as it looking slightly distorted).

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Oct 13 2006 at 01:24 AM said:
g4m3r posted on Oct 13 2006 at 03:56 AM said:
It's called overscan and it happens on all CRT TVs. TV programs are broadcast at 720x576 but different TVs will display different amounts of this area. Consoles get round this by running at a lower resolution and placing this in the centre of the screen, but the GP2X just scales everything up to 720x576 instead and so you'll loose stuff (as well as it looking slightly distorted).
Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your tv should have a way of auto resizing the imagine to fit, or maybe a manual menu where you can adjust the image to fit.

Back