Turning a pandora into a TV media player..

Once I get the pandora ( probably by friday ) I'll probably use this a goodly deal

I was wondering, for those who rip dvds onto the pandora what resolution and bitrate do you use?

I've had the idea to utilize XBMC as the main Pandora interface for several years now.

I have some (partial) plugins lying around which implement the following functionality:

• A .desktop file scanner which can launch PNDs and other apps (works in most cases)
  • A port of pndstore (segfaults, haven't bothered to look into it).
  • A rom manager and emulator launcher (there is a standard plugin for that which needs only minor tweaks)
  • A port of several configuration utilities such as my Nub and TV-out configuration tools (needs to be done, mostly some GUI work)

The main problem is that the current port of XBMC is buggy as hell (prone to crash, audio/video work poorly) and it consumes quite a bit of resources.

Naturally, additional stuff would need to be added as well such as e.g. a lightweight 800x480 Pandora specific skin with some branding and this sort of stuff.

A joined effort might work...

^ this, as well as a Qt - based minimenu replacement would be awesome!

The Pandora is pretty well suited to be a media player (SQ, disk space, USB dongles) and the P2 should be even better :)

I use Gigolo with a usb wifi and have access to my 1tb movie/music drive on downstairs computer ,

and watch full length movies with Panplayer with no issues this way.

How do you select them with Panplayer ?

Even with "show hidden files" activated it does show nothing in the ".gvfs" directory... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back