Turbografx Super Cd Emulation?

trilobite

Still Fresh
Okay, I'm trying to get the Turbografx Super CD "Godzilla" to play on my GP2X Wiz. I have Temper. I have the original CD, which I ripped using TurboRip, so I have all of the pieces, including the .ISO.
The only file that Temper sees is a .CUE file. I launch that, and I get a blank screen and the whole unit essentially freezes.

What am I doing wrong?

In the readme is all very well explained.

Do you have the tracks in ogg and the cue correctly written?

Do you have the 3 syscards in their folders?

Okay, I think I may have the problem, at least figured out.

The pieces are-
Godzilla (U)-09.wav
Godzilla (U)-21.wav
Godzilla (U)-04.wav
Godzilla (U)-08.wav
Godzilla (U)-14.wav
Godzilla (U)-06.wav
Godzilla (U)-11.wav
Godzilla (U)-19.wav
Godzilla (U)-24.iso
Godzilla (U)-15.wav
Godzilla (U)-05.wav
Godzilla (U)-13.wav
Godzilla (U)-23.wav
Godzilla (U)-02.iso
Godzilla (U).cue
Godzilla (U)-07.wav
Godzilla (U)-22.wav
Godzilla (U).toc
Godzilla (U)-18.wav
Godzilla (U)-12.wav
Godzilla (U)-10.wav
Godzilla (U)-17.wav
Godzilla (U)-03.wav
Godzilla (U)-16.wav
Godzilla (U)-20.wav
Godzilla (U)-01.wav

These were made via TurboRip from an original CD-ROM.
I have not run "bin_to_iso_ogg.exe", and will the moment I can get to a PC (running on a Mac here)
Cannot find any "syscard" files. I know where they go, but cannot locate the files themselves. I'm guessing it's one of those things people aren't supposed to own, but people in the know can find it.

So, to sum up and to see if I'm at least on the right track-
I need syscards 1, 2, and 3 in the proper folder and I need to run something through the "bin_to_iso_ogg.exe".

This might work as is, depending on the format of the WAV. If they're 44KHz it should work. Some other formats maybe.. sadly, even though there's support for a variety of WAV formats it's pretty broken at the moment :/

Next time please read the readme before posting ;p

you could try oggdrop for mac (googled http://nouturn.com/oggdrop/) to convert your waves to ogg... i use oggdrop on windows for long time now, works very well.

Thanks kindly, but all that's there is a "Sorry, this page no longer exists." message.

It'd be easiest to just start with bin/cue which I'm sure there are rippers out there that can handle. It won't be that much larger than iso/wav unless the wav quality is being compromised.

trilobite said:
Thanks kindly, but all that's there is a "Sorry, this page no longer exists." message.
oh it's the ) on the end that is wrong (the forum includes it within the link but shouldnt): http://nouturn.com/oggdrop/

Last edited by a moderator:
That did it. Thanks!

Okay, I'm almost there. I have a working version of the game, however the syscard file seems to not work. Well, it works well enough for the game to display a message saying that the syscard file is not working properly. If someone could point me in the right direction (PM me if that is more appropriate) is where to get a syscard3.bin that works with the Wiz, I'll finally be able to play the game that was the reason for me buying the darned thing in the first place...

Back