Turbo Cd?

kev256

Still Fresh
I see that Turbografx 16 games can be played, but what about the CD games?

Temper supports turbografx normal games and Super CD games too.

Only support for SuperGrafx is not included yet.

This emulator is gorgeous, i hope some day SuperGraf suport will happen.

kev256 said:
Yes Temper supports them fullspeed and *underclocked* to 400 Mhz or maybe less.

If you have newer FW though you will need to use the Pollux set script or it will be choppy as GPH screwed up the OLED timing in the latest firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner said:
Temper supports turbografx normal games and Super CD games too.

Only support for SuperGrafx is not included yet.

This emulator is gorgeous, i hope some day SuperGraf suport will happen.

Nice! So it just needs the .iso or something?

DaveC said:
kev256 said:

If you have newer FW though you will need to use the Pollux set script or it will be choppy as GPH screwed up the OLED timing in the latest firmware.

Even on the gp2x hucard games can be played at 150mhz! Temper and Picodrive are probably the 2 most polished emulators for the gp2x/wiz (Not that others aren't good or appreciated)

Even with the readme I've had some trouble with this one. This is probably cause all the games I've fond come with Mpeg3 versions, and the emulator only supports Wav or some such.

DaveC said:
kev256 said:

Temper seems to run pretty choppy on my Wiz.. even games like Bonks Adventure have messed up sound and gfx..
How do I use the Pollux script?

Temper supports OGG, so if you have mp3 file you only have to recode them to ogg.

You have to edit the cue too.

Temper choppy what o_O?

You don´t need to use pollux to make temper runs very well but you will fix a bit the diagonal tearing.

You have to put pollux_set file in the temper folder and include a new *.gpe like this for example:

#!/bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./temper.gpe

cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Nice to know I can do that.

Now to figure out how. :\

Do I use pollux dpc or the pollux set r1?
And how do I make this new gpe file? I've got no experience with this stuff, it's way over my head.

Deevoh said:

And how do I make this new gpe file? I've got no experience with this stuff, it's way over my head.

-Unzip

-Put the 3 files into your temper folder.

-Enjoy.

http://www.filedropper.com/temper

Thanks Riv! That worked perfectly, and the choppiness in Bonks Adventure is completely gone too.

Rivroner said:
Deevoh said:

-Unzip

-Put the 3 files into your temper folder.

-Enjoy.

http://www.filedropper.com/temper

What an improvement, could this be used on any other emulators or games?
If so what needs to be changed in the .gpe etc?
Cheers, Neil

You only have to change using notepad2 or notepad++ with linux unix ending lines activated the temper.gpe line for psx4all.gpe for example.

Tried that with lemonboy and the nes emulator and it didn't work, just made it worse.

Thays imposible, at least in Lemonbóy, i haven´t tried with Nes because with NES emualtor is not necessary, Nes emulator have a rotated screen launcher, o don´t need pollux.

Remember you have to put pollux_set file in the main folder, then use the script with linux/unix endong lines.

Lemonboy has a terrible sound at the moment, and in NES you have a bad condig, the meulator well config is running perfect.

the utility is available here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,154

Back