Scummvm

Ravippe

Still Fresh
I am having trouble understanding specifically the port of scumm vm for the gp2x wiz.

I can get all the games working, great. but some games that have (enhanced audio) mp3/ogg seem to work. While other games
dont.

Like Monkey island 1- ogg files work great
but monkey island 2- ogg files dont work. neither does mt 32 roland

I named them track01.ogg track02.ogg ect.

I also made sure i put the correct rom/config file in each directory for the mt32 sound. Again some work some dont.

What i need is can you please list what game you played and what version of sound you got working

Ill start

Goblins 1 -full cd audio track01.ogg
Monkey island 1- full cd audio track01--etc .ogg
Simon Sorcerer 1 -full cd track01.ogg--- etc .ogg

GAMES NOT WORKING for sound system ROLAND OR CD/ogg/mp3 -that i tried.... so help

Simon Sorcerer 2
LOOM CD FMTOWN VERSION
The DIG
Monkey island 2
monkey island 3
Indiana fate of atlantis.

Please if someone could let me know specific files i need
or whatever thats fine. NO LINKS NEEDED i know the rules so.

by the way the roland driver i use in EACH directory of the game is
MT32_CONTROL.ROM
MT32_PCM.ROM

Sincerely very frustrated!!!

Hi, this might be useful:

The files you need for each game are listed here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles
(Please note this line at the top of the page: Games that have ** shown in their name use CD audio tracks for music, check readme included with ScummVM to see how to convert them to compressed files)

There's also some audio files here: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/#extras which might be of use.

Cheers, Neil

Ok an update i got working

LOOM CD FMTOWN VERSION adding the cd tracks to it seemed to work again ogg or mp3 i cant remember
Loom TALKIE edition - music sucks (normal) speech is great but freezes a bit before something happens (makes it annoying/unplayable)
I tried reducing the bit rate to 32kbs something to that effect and it helped load much faster but the sound it terrible.

GAMES NOT WORKING for sound system ROLAND OR CD/ogg/mp3 -that i tried.... so help

Simon Sorcerer 2

The DIG
Monkey island 2
monkey island 3

i understand that some games dont have good sound. But These games ARE MT32 compatible so why dont they work for me.
The only time i got Roland sound is for simon the sorcerer 1, but then i found the cd tracks, so dont use roland for that game.

Thanks again

Ravippe said:
Ok an update i got working

LOOM CD FMTOWN VERSION adding the cd tracks to it seemed to work again ogg or mp3 i cant remember
Loom TALKIE edition - music sucks (normal) speech is great but freezes a bit before something happens (makes it annoying/unplayable)
I tried reducing the bit rate to 32kbs something to that effect and it helped load much faster but the sound it terrible.

Simon Sorcerer 2

The DIG
Monkey island 2
monkey island 3

i understand that some games dont have good sound. But These games ARE MT32 compatible so why dont they work for me.
The only time i got Roland sound is for simon the sorcerer 1, but then i found the cd tracks, so dont use roland for that game.

Thanks again

Hi

Do you get any sound at all in Monkey Island 2 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind i figured that stupid scumm always enables roland sound when the mt32 roms are in the directory.

I took them out and started the game and i got normal midi instead of the enhanced one.

So all this time it was working!

Just to let people know that if you want to see if its working dont put the rom files in the directory until you test
the game first and hear the sound. Then you can start messing with it.

:(

Anyways I was wondering, the last game fate of atlantis, there are a bunch of sites with many ogg or mp3s on the game sountrack

Do they actually work IN THE GAME? I tried them but i cant get them to work.

I dont think they are encoded right in the proper ogg format or bitrate or something. But anyone plaing Fate of atlantis
have cd audio sound while in the game?

I also would like voices too. My game already has voices.

Yes monkey island 2 works fine

in both normal and in general midi.

I recommend the roland roms

look up to see the name and do a search on google for them

put them in the directory and start the game.

Simon the sorcerer 1 has some kick butt cd audio sound i got that working on the wiz too.

fate of atlantis has audio (speech and music) for me.

monkey island 2 too.

Back