Trying a new OS installation, with native development breaks gles

hdonk

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a clean installation of the native development stuff. However when opkg pulls the libgles-omap3-dev ipkg down, it upgrades the base package, which breaks gles. Has anyone either got the earlier version _4.00.00.01-r0.5 or how to fix the latest version?

Cheers,

hdonk

Hi all,

I'm trying to do a clean installation of the native development stuff. However when opkg pulls the libgles-omap3-dev ipkg down, it upgrades the base package, which breaks gles. Has anyone either got the earlier version _4.00.00.01-r0.5 or how to fix the latest version?

Cheers,

hdonk

Any chance of you posting what goes wrong? Don't have a pandora yet.

Hi all,

Cheers,

hdonk

Any chance of you posting what goes wrong? Don't have a pandora yet.
Simple - the driver module doesn't detect any SGX hardware.

Well here's an earlier version (4.00.00.01 r13.6), but it's not as early as you requested. It may work though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?938c1z9ewuwj891

If your desperate, maybe you could extract all the files from the first firmware image.

http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pandora/pandora-firmware-2010-05-01-Zaxxon.zip
Thanks, but having downgraded to that package, there are still problems. I suspect that installing the libgles-omap3-dev package pulled in some other dependencies I didn't twig at the time. I guess I'll have to do another clean install and watch very carefully what it's doing.

You need to have the kernel modules installed (omap3-sgx-modules_xxx) to use libgles.
They were installed - It's probably an upgrade of the kernel modules that broke everything. I'll check later to see what version is currently installed...

Edit:

Everything was working - the GLES demos were that is - until I tried to install the libgles-omap3-dev package. That's when it broke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back