Trouble with default DivX player

Nighthawk

Still Fresh
I'm trying to convert some mpg's to divX 4.12 to play on the GP32 default (free) divx player without success......... just get patchy/blocky graphics on playback.

Can anyone advise me of the correct settings for virtual dub please??

Been using resize to 320x240 and decimate by 3...anything else I should do ???

yeah I have a tip for you if you care to take it.
Don't use the Free divx player.
#1 it doesn't work......that well at all.
The quality is choppy
plus there is no sound capability
plus there is no options for skipping through the movie or enlarging it or shrinking it. Its pretty bad....thats probably why its free.
plus...Movie Park is well worth your money..
(7000 yen) or 5.80 US dollars.
Go to Entware.com....check it out.
As far as Virtualdub goes. your compressing it right...but since you have the sound multiplexed in with the movie....it causes the Free player to do funky blocky stuff. Good luck
:ph34r:

Actually, i use the free DivX player, and i think it works quite well! You really dont have to do that 3 thing!

1) Open your movie to virtua-dub

2) Select RESIZE(as you stated) to 240x320

3) Go to Sound, and select NO SOUND, there is no sound support anyway, it would help to get a subtitled movie! This also cuts the movie size alot!

4) Encode it to Divx 4.12 and save your movie as an AVI

5) Put the GPDIVX FXE into the GPMM directory

6) Create a folder named DIVX

7) Toss your modified AVI into there!

It should now play perfectly, although vertically, it still plays well! Hope the creator of this DIVX Player keeps up the good work

There is no comparison between the free DiVX player and MoviePark. There is NO feasable way you can't afford the 7000 KRW for Moviepark, and unlike the free player it actually lets you watch films & shows worth watching, at a sensible quality and with all-important sound.

--jo "directhex" shields

Back