Trouble compiling allegro5

Fworg64

Who knows?
well i would say ive almost successfully compiled allegro5 on my pandora but i have one error in my way...

'Could NOT find OpenGL (missing : OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY)'

I'm terribly confused. I thought freamon's c/c++ dev tools had the opengl stuff included?

so my question is Where can i find the opengl dev libs so i can compile allegro5?

OpenGL is not OpenGLES. The Pandora (and by extension the dev tools) only support OpenGLES. You won't be able to straight up compile something that relies on OpenGL, unfortunately, without doing at least some conversion work.

So is allegro5 a no-no? at least not without some heavy footwork that i am in no way capable of doing? :(

So is allegro5 a no-no? at least not without some heavy footwork that i am in no way capable of doing? :(

Just checked. Allegro5 depend on GL support to draw anything. For what I've read, there is also support for GLES targeting the wiz and the iphone. But not support for the caanoo nor the pandora. Yet adding thoses should not be a large problem and actually something you might be able to do.

All you need is to hack the build system to clone the Wiz stuff to pandora stuff, fix a few things here and there. but there shouldnt be some heavy works to do.

Your starting point is the CMakefileList.txt ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back