GP2X Compiling Problem - Dynamic Libs

Gadget

Can anyone help me work out what's missing? I have removed the -static param for the linker and now I get this:-

EDIT: Now I get this:-

Project : Invaders
Compiler : GP2X Dev Kit (called directly)
Directory : C:\devkitGP2X\projects\Invaders\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: GP2X
Compiling: shell.cpp
Linking executable: Invaders.gpe
c:\devkitgp2x\bin\..\lib\gcc\arm-linux\4.0.2\..\..\..\..\arm-linux\bin\ld.exe: cannot find /lib/libpthread.so.0Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
1 errors, 0 warnings

I am starting to wonder if this devkit is configured correctly. I mean, with regards to lib folders. I have an arm-linux folder which contains \libs, and sysroot\usr\libs. It's a bit beyond me at this stage..

Have you tried to include the following directory for libraries?
C:\devkitGP2X\sysroot\lib . That was the only place I could find libpthread.so.0

Unless things have changed in the latest firmware, you can't use gcc4 to create a dynamic linked app for the gp2x (that's why everything uses -static). If you want to use dynamic linking you have to use an older version of gcc (which the official sdk should include), but your app may run a lot slower depending on how much floating point code you've got and if you've been relying on the nice hardware SDL.

yaustar posted on Aug 17 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
Have you tried to include the following directory for libraries?
C:\devkitGP2X\sysroot\lib . That was the only place I could find libpthread.so.0

Thanks for the replies all. I tried this but it seemed to make no difference? What is strange is if I copy the \sysroot folder into the \linux-arm\ folder it gets past that error and then complains about another lib file. For the moment I have given up trying to link dynamically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back