Tricorder

Oh yes, I started writing it, here's a sneak preview:

Tricorder1.jpg

Scan button fires of a scan sample. up down buttons beep, all 3 buttons light up when pressed. little arrows move up and down slowly, faster when scanning. the up down arrow buttons will select different scanning modes.

I haven't uploaded it yet as I want to at least have some scanning results happening :D
Way to cool Fluffy lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My tricorder is based on a Next Generation multifunction tricorder, which may even have a "It's your turn to buy the drinks" mode too :D
That's cool ... I was never a fan of the NG series but I'm sure I'll be a big fan of the WizTricorder ;"]
[/quote]REALLY?! you didnt like NG? Thats like the only series I truely do enjoy. DS9 had to much social/soap's stuff in it. And anything after that doesnt really have the integrity of the earlier shows.

At the risk of sounding like a Nerd:

Nice picture of a medical tricorder from the original Series :"]

My tricorder is based on a Next Generation multifunction tricorder, which may even have a "It's your turn to buy the drinks" mode too :D
That's cool ... I was never a fan of the NG series but I'm sure I'll be a big fan of the WizTricorder ;"]
[/quote]REALLY?! you didnt like NG? Thats like the only series I truely do enjoy. DS9 had to much social/soap's stuff in it. And anything after that doesnt really have the integrity of the earlier shows.[/quote]I'm an old guy, so I consider NG to be the "new show". :eek: I thought it kind of jumped the shark when they would devote entire scenes to women stretching out in leotards on the holodeck, talking.

I actually didn't care for any of the series after the original show of the 60s.

The first and last movie were great. :D

At the risk of sounding like a Nerd:

Nice picture of a medical tricorder from the original Series :"]

REALLY?! you didnt like NG? Thats like the only series I truely do enjoy. DS9 had to much social/soap's stuff in it. And anything after that doesnt really have the integrity of the earlier shows.[/quote]I'm an old guy, so I consider NG to be the "new show". :eek: I thought it kind of jumped the shark when they would devote entire scenes to women stretching out in leotards on the holodeck, talking.

I actually didn't care for any of the series after the original show of the 60s.

The first and last movie were great. :D[/quote]
lol no, jumping the shark was trying to make Pecards Borg conversion believable lol. And honestly, i like most of the movies, some more then others. the new one was pretty good actually. not as smart as the old series, but passable

lol no, jumping the shark was trying to make Pecards Borg conversion believable lol. And honestly, i like most of the movies, some more then others. the new one was pretty good actually. not as smart as the old series, but passable
I agree re not as smart ... it had the usual time-travel and save-the-Earth concepts. Mostly it was a sentimental trip back in time for old guys like me. Good special effects, though. I'm usually not impressed by computer-generated special effects because they always look ... er, computer-generated (ie, fake) to me, but this movie did a good job with them.

ninjawiz2x posted on May 30 2009 at 07:28 PM) [quote="chickendung posted on May 30 2009 at 11:49 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 30 2009 at 09:25 AM said:
Righto, I will write this little app and have started already...

Soo ideas for 3 mains scans are?

Let me know what you would like!

:"]
Give it a Gaydar. :p
damn you chiken you made me spew my mountain dew all over my screen[/quote]I am sure every 14 year old has used that excuse to explain the sticky stuff on the screen.

Also, I quite liked voyager.

*Looks around, realising he is on his own*

Actually, Voyager is my fave ST series. I do enjoy NG too though. Never got into DS9.

And the new ST film is so full of holes it's unbelievable.

ANyway, beam me up Fluffy! :p

Oh yes, I started writing it, here's a sneak preview:
Tricorder1.jpg

Scan button fires of a scan sample. up down buttons beep, all 3 buttons light up when pressed. little arrows move up and down slowly, faster when scanning. the up down arrow buttons will select different scanning modes.

I haven't uploaded it yet as I want to at least have some scanning results happening :D

Mmmh, LCARS Design, tasty! TNG rules. :)
I don't own a WIZ but I always dreamed of an good and usable LCARS Menu for GP2X or even better for the Pandora. There are many cool things we could do with Touchscreens. ^_^

Actually, Voyager is my fave ST series. I do enjoy NG too though. Never got into DS9.

And the new ST film is so full of holes it's unbelievable.

ANyway, beam me up Fluffy! :p

what holes per-se? i mean, i think the character interactions were a bit forced in the beginning, and Spock had a bit TOO much personality, but overall, i thought they made a good effort in explaining the crazy crap that was going on. now a show like Heroes, thats got holes. its like they forget they have powers so the plot or scene can go off with whatever angle the writers want and then, 10 mins later, a power gets used by the same person that would have nullified the issue in the first place. LAME, and thats coming from a fan =\.

O an i thought the CG was good but there was a clearly smaller budget for that. i could see the cuts into CG from RL, while a few other new movies, i cant tell the difference. What really made up for it to me was the the user interfaces on all the consoles on the bridge. the bridge itself was a bit modern looking with the pearl white everywhere but the actual buttons had a pretty neat retro vibe to them that i thought was fantastic. in other words, it didn't suffer Star Wars syndrome (where the newer movies (the ones that take place further in the past) look much better then the originals)

STAR TREK MOVIE SPOILER

The biggest hole is the black one that vaped the planet Vulcan. How on earth (D'oh!) can they get away with that one, when we've seen Vulcan in the future (in past eps and movies). And Spock's Mum for that matter too. How are we to take the film even remotely seriously from that point on?

STAR TREK MOVIE SPOILER
The biggest hole is the black one that vaped the planet Vulcan. How on earth (D'oh!) can they get away with that one, when we've seen Vulcan in the future (in past eps and movies). And Spock's Mum for that matter too. How are we to take the film even remotely seriously from that point on?

It was mentioned very clearly in the dialogue of the actors that due to the time-line changes caused by Niro that they were now in an alternate timeline/reality to that which they would have been in otherwise.

It is good to see that we have spoiler tags working.

jmetal88 posted on May 31 2009 at 03:09 PM) [quote="darkriku posted on May 31 2009 at 01:07 AM said:
chickendung posted on May 30 2009 at 10:41 PM said:
ninjawiz2x posted on May 30 2009 at 12:28 PM said:
chickendung posted on May 30 2009 at 11:49 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 30 2009 at 09:25 AM said:
Righto, I will write this little app and have started already...
Soo ideas for 3 mains scans are?

Let me know what you would like!

:"]
Give it a Gaydar. :p
damn you chiken you made me spew my mountain dew all over my screen
Good. I hate mountain dew! :p

Moutain dew is delicous but i live in red neck Oklahoma its all they sell here
Heh, I didn't know there was another Okie on here.

Vault is way better than Mountain Dew though, pick up a bottle of that the next time you run by a QuikTrip.[/quote]Vault is pretty good when you aren't walking around. It makes your stomach hurt if you try to walk around a theme park after pouring that down your gullet.

But seriously. Give it a Gaydar for humor purposes. Maybe you could set up a phony finger print scanner, and when someone presses their finger on the touch screen, they come out of the closet. :p

It was mentioned very clearly in the dialogue of the actors that due to the time-line changes caused by Niro that they were now in an alternate timeline/reality to that which they would have been in otherwise.
I must have fallen asleep (or was scoffing popcorn) during that bit then. :p

Back