Touchscreen Support For Picodrive

BadAstronaut

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Well, as the topic suggests, do you think we could see touchscreen support for Picodrive on F-200's? I'm asking because the only two games I have for Sega CD are Eye of the Beholder (which supported a mouse) and Rise of the Dragon, which doesn't support a mouse but would be much cooler if it did. :)

I guess that if this were to be implemented, there would need to be some hacks with the SDL so that, say, holiding down L or R then pressing the touchscreen counts as a different button on the mouse (the Sega Mega Mouse had three buttons, right?), and without it is a standard left click. This would be used in, say, Eye of the Beholder where a left click would select and 'pick up' a weapon, while right click attacks. So, is this something that we could potentially see in a future release?

For more info on the mouse, as well as a list of supported games, see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega_Mouse

Adding mouse to games which support it could be done, but to games which don't would be really nasty. In either case I don't have F200 and I don't use SDL, and there doesn't seem to be much demand for this stuff, so it's not likely to happen..

notaz said:
Adding mouse to games which support it could be done, but to games which don't would be really nasty. In either case I don't have F200 and I don't use SDL, and there doesn't seem to be much demand for this stuff, so it's not likely to happen..
No, I'm definitely not suggesting adding mouse support for games which don't have it - only for the 20 or so Genesis/Sega CD games which do.

Here is an incomplete list of games which used the Sega Mega Mouse:

Sega Genesis

* Body Count
* Cannon Fodder
* Dungeon Master II
* Janou Touryumon
* Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker
* Lemmings 2
* Lord Monarch
* Nobunaga's Ambition
* Populous
* Populous 2
* Richard Scarry's Busytown
* Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye
* Wacky Worlds

Sega CD

* Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep
* Eye of the Beholder
* Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold
* Mansion of Hidden Souls
* My Paint: The Animated Paint Program
* Panic!
* Shin Megami Tensei
* Starblade
* The Secret of Monkey Island
* Urusei Yatsura: My Dear Friends
* Who Shot Johnny Rock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some nice games! I'm hoping Skeezix will be able to add touchscreen support to OutcaST. Whenever that happens we can play some of the above list like Lemmings, Cannon Fodder and Populous with the touchscreen on OutcaST.

I think the touchscreen requests are getting a bit too much now. You F200 owners seem to want it in everything :lol:

Genesis/MD had a mouse? The SNES mouse I knew about, but never heard of genesis mouse before.

foleyjo said:
I think the touchscreen requests are getting a bit too much now. You F200 owners seem to want it in everything :lol:
:lol: I got my F200 in January, and at the time there were virtually no apps taking advantage of it. Now some really cool things are starting to trickle through, and a monster has been created. We want more. MORE. MOOOORRRE.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for touchscreen in Picodrive. If it's not too much trouble, this would make some games play pretty well and put another notch in the belt of Picodrive completists (SVP support, check! :) ). You're probably working on a lot of stuff though. Due to the small amount of games supported, I don't think it should be important. However, it would be nice to see it eventually.

Btw, I'm referring to the games that already have mouse support.

Back