Disabling Touchscreen Clicking

Eniko

Raving Python fangirl
Website
purplepirates.darksiren.net
Right now it's terribly inconvenient playing mostly mouse driven games on the Pandora. The touchscreen can't right click, basically. The current way it works is sufficient for apps (although half the time I can't get right clicks to register there either) but completely useless for games.

The easiest way to remedy this that I have come up with involves setting the left nub to mouse button mode, and disabling the touchscreen's clicking behaviour. That way one could hold the Pandora with their left hand, click with their left thumb, and move the cursor with the stylus with their right hand. The big problem is the second part of the equation, and I'm not exactly a Linux savant so I have no idea how to make that work. More touchscreen settings through convenient scripts would be ideal, but I've exhausted my patience waiting for that, considering the touchscreen going wonky in fullscreen hasn't even been fixed.

Any advice on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated, as I know I'm just one of many who want to do something like this.

I haven't actually tried this, but google leads me to believe that if you "opkg install xf86-input-synaptics", create a script file
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/synclient MaxTapTime=0
and run that script at startup (or whenever) it will prevent taps from working and will just move the cursor. The instructions were for touchpads, not touchscreen though, so I don't know how well it'll work.
If it doesn't work, you can always "opkg remove xf86-input-synaptics" later.

Back