Touchscreen stopped responding

logen

I don't use the touchscreen much, but it suddenly stopped being detected. I suspected a software issue as it broke upon doing one thing, and fixed upon undoing that thing.

However, now on a fresh flash the touch screen is still not detected. I suspect a wire or two needs to be reseated.

Before I tear the thing apart, are there any quality dissasembly/reassembly videos? Anyone else have this issue or solutions?

Mostly, I'm afraid of cracking the screen or some such while working on it. I seem to remember ED mentioning there was some risk when reseating the screen.

Thanks all!

EDIT:

Remembered this video:

Last edited:
I think there's more risk of cracking the LCD panel when assembling a Pandora than there is when assembling a Pyra; perhaps you're remembering EDs original Pandora assembly video?

It very well could be, I ended up taking it apart. It was easy, but no success in fixing touch ><.

From my memory, touch comes in a different cable from a different layer of the screen, which both go into the display PCB which are then combined to become the video cable which goes through the hinge. I would recommend removing them, checking for corrosion (unlikely) or dirt of both those cables, then reseating them. There's probably a touchscreen decoder chip somewhere though I couldn't say if that's on the display board or the main board.

Thanks for the ideas, but I did pull both cables on the display board. I'll probably give it a try again someday when I'm motivated to work on it.

But from what I saw, the touch screen plugs into the board, there's a push on cable that I'm not entirely sure what it does, and then the ribbon cable that goes to the main board. I tried reseating all of these to no effect.

I also reseated the ribbon cable on the main board, which may be where the problem is. That one is a bit tricky, took me a few attempts to get the screen to work after fiddling with it.

EDIT:

I believe ED said that the push on cable is the LCD, so yea, everything must combine and go through that ribbon cable.

Finally got around to taking it apart again. Still no touch ><.

What should I be looking for to see if the touch screen is even somewhat noticed by Linux? I reseat all connectors and still nothing.

Short of assuming the touch screen to be dead I'm out of ideas of what to try next.

Back