Touchscreen partly unresposive [Brand new unit]

Raic

Still Fresh
Evening gents. Bought my Pandora last week and got my hands on it this week, while all is fine the touchscreen has an area on the right side of the screen which is "unresponsive".

The touch is registered and cursor moves up and down, but the cursor stays a good 3-4mm off the side. How difficult would it be to maybe fix this without me needing to send it in for repairs?

if3Thtg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
have you checked for specks or dirt/sand between the screen and the plastic?

Hmm, would be very weird, if calibration wouldn't work here...

The touchscreen reacts when touching it at the far right edge, so it's technically not broken there.

And if the cursor is too far left, it means the calibration isn't correct.

If the touchscreen was broken, it wouldn't react when you touch there.

The area which this occurs around is not straight, it looks about this. The cursor moves correctly until the red area, then it won't move towards the right.

AR1Iicu.png

Raic, as ED suggests, check the edges carefully for dirt or deformation. Usually there are small particles trapped at screen edges which push on the touchscreen, preventing correct calibration. Another issue is when the frontal plastic piece (the one with the hole for the screen itself) is not clipped correctly at its edges. It then becomes deformed and touches the screen somewhere, again, preventing calibration.

Another thing you could try is to install this, and then recalibrate.

Hmm - where did you get that unit? That looks suspiciously like one of the self-destructing ones... but those were only 50 units shipped last year in Summer...

Wednesday, ordered last week from Dragonbox, 1Ghz

EDIT: I tried the TSLIB update, it indeed made the touchscreen work noticeably better, however the problem did not disappear, the right side still has that round area which is "inaccessible" with touchscreen.

I carefully removed the screen from the plastic, the problem still occurs so it's not the problem of dust between the plastic and screen.

I also noticed that the left analog doesn't work completely proper, thought it was just that the mouse movement is difficult with analog, however after testing the movement on the right analog it's clear there is a problem there as well.

Back