Totally Legal C64, Spectrum "roms":)

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Delete this if it's still a bit too risky...but I can't see why it should be.

http://livepublishing.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x...07314#173107314

When Issue 3 of the UK mag Retro Gamer comes out on the coverdisk there is going to be 200 rom images etc. of Gremlin games from the C64/Spectrum. How nice is that? And of course, since the magazine has permission to use them it's legal:)

Thats fine - and a great way for people to get roms legally. Just remember that unless it specifically state it, you still probably cant distribute them in the public domain. Copyright still applies.

Cheers

Not just C64 & Spectrum games are gonna be on the coverdisc - There are going to be spread across seven different formats.

Should be excellent!

Odd you should mention this as I was think of putting together a Speccyal'K Spectrum pack myself. Most Spectrum games seem to be fairly okay to distribute (although Ultimate are a no-no) so I thought I would pick some of the games that require only a handful of controls and put them together with config files. There are quite a lot of Spectrum games you can with play 6 or less buttons (Jet Pac, Manic Miner, Batty, Way of the Exploding Fist, Bruce, Commando, Bomb Jack).

The QL was what the Amiga bios was developed on, allegedly!

And Gremlin made all their old games available for free about the same time they released Realms Of The Haunting. I heard a rumour that Rare did the same for their old Ultimate games. There was a little conroversy at the time, because they wanted to re-do Sabre Wulf, so I don't know if they followed it through in the end.

Elite is free (all time favourite 8 bit game) and I expect that'll be there. They probably got in touch with Archer MacLean too. Would he release his old games? Possibly. Latre nights playing IK+ coming up? Maybe :D

there are loads of legalized c64 games. you just need to find them. many older gaming companies use that action to make public relation. protovision has made a few of their formerly commercial titles avaliable for free. just look at: http://www.protovision-online.de/games/gamesstart.htm

i can higly recommend looking at "It's Magic" (not the second part). it's magic works perfect with the ported frodo

ayeh btw ... it's c64 (disk)images (same to spectrum)... unless you talk of the bios which is the only real "ROM"

Back