Total madness!

The german tech news site Golem also posted an article about it, so that might have something to do with it ;-) . And yes, the comments are very cringeworthy, as always.

From just reading the titles, most of them still think that it will be a scam.

From ED's more recent comment, I had it backwards.  Evidently the pre-pre-orders were buying 290EUR credit at ED's store for future use and receiving a dummy board as a thank you for the deposit.

Just wondering (not interested myself) - will people be able to re-sell the vouchers or are they limited to the person that bought it?

Just wondering (not interested myself) - will people be able to re-sell the vouchers or are they limited to the person that bought it?

I think I see where you're going...  If they could sell the voucher - is the position in line attached to the voucher or the person that bought it?

Indeed, happened in those fun Pandora days. And maybe someone is interested in the dummy board.

Yes, I once mistakenly bought a pandora queue position on e-bay. In my zeal I never read the details properly, I thought i had purchased and actual pandora. Doh!
I had to request a refund. Then I had a silly bidding war with somebody for another pandora, I guess I don't like losing as I went as far as 900 dollars. It sold to my opponent at 1,000 dollars, hence the 'pandoras going for 1,000 dollars on e-bay news. I then bought and sold a second pandora on e-bay.I sold it to german gent. I sold it because I got a one nub pandora, which broke shortly thereafter; Craig then sent me a brand new pandora with two fully working nubs -as such i jumped the queue and got a fully working pandora. Lucky me.

THE END.

Can someone tell me what the actual Cellular frequency support will be in the US vs Euro?  Since I am not in both regions.

In NZ I'm on and work for Spark/Telecom (so won't be using the others) we have 800MHz/2100Mhz 3G, 700MHz/1800MHz/2600MHz 4G LTE

http://www.gemalto.com/m2m/solutions/modules-terminals/industrial-plus/pls8
From the datasheet, PLS8-E supports LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz; PLS8-US supports 700/850/AWS (1700/2100)/1900 MHz;

Strange, their 4G chips don't have 800Mhz UMTS support at all.  Their 3G chips do though, the PHS8.  And the 4G they do support is not 700/1800/2600.  What a weird mix of bands NZ has.  Huh.  If you get the Europe one you can use the 1800/2600 bands where supported, but if you need the 700 band you'd need the US one I suppose.  This page tells what bands are support in which regions.

edit: Correction, "It is worth noting that band 28 700 MHz is not the same at the AWS 700 MHz supported in North America"  So it looks like the PLS8-E is what you will need and you'll only be able to use it where band 3 and band 7 exist, not band 28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks, yep people often mistake our APT Band 28 for AWS unfortunately.  Band 3 and 7 is practically 90% of the main cities so good enough.

Perhaps you should get a poll going, seeing how many people actually plan on buying one. The project may be a bit bigger than we think it is. Don't want to sell out merchandise too quickly.

Can someone tell me what the actual Cellular frequency support will be in the US vs Euro?  Since I am not in both regions.

In NZ I'm on and work for Spark/Telecom (so won't be using the others) we have 800MHz/2100Mhz 3G, 700MHz/1800MHz/2600MHz 4G LTE

This is very close to the European bands.

Actually in France, LTE is currently on 800/1800/2600 and the 700 MHz band will be auctioned next month and probably deployed in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news man. All gone. Nice to see that everyone is so intrested in this project (with the android invasion).
Including me. I've checked the "Notify me when available"

images.jpg

Well, have a good rest of your life. I'm off to some lonely island in Hawaii with that money and will close down the boards soon...

Haha! Good one ED. But knowing you, you are not seriously going without a working Pyra??

:)

Man I have to say I'm a bit bummed that I didn't catch the pre-order voucher, my €€€ is burning a Pyra-shaped hole in my piggy-bank. Oh well life will hopefully go on, I guess... :p

So let me get this straight -

When the prototypes are done and been confirmed to work as intended, the real pre-ordering starts, will the first production batch be limited to exactly 200, or is 200 the fewest possible to order (as a mass production run) and can therefore be increased if public interests is high enough?

Either way, congratulations on selling so well!

I've been a member of this community since before the Pandora was even thought of and if any one deserves praise it's you ED, The rest of us wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the efforts of you and the team.

I was humbled by your refusal to give up on a project you believed in when the Pandora was stumbling from one nightmare to another. To then do it all again with the Pyra is amazing. I'm sorry if I come across as a fanboy (or should that be fan old boy) but I  am.

YOU ROCK ED!​

Back