Total madness!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are all totally mad! In a good way - seriously!

When I put the pre-preorder up, I was hoping to sell maybe 50 - 60 units. As this was not the normal preorder yet, but a special preorder just for you guys, without a lot of advertisement and with a higher risk, I didn't expect much.

But... now they're ALL gone! After a few days. Including 8 prototypes.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Well, have a good rest of your life. I'm off to some lonely island in Hawaii with that money and will close down the boards soon... just kidding :)

I just wanted to make this newspost to say thanks to you! Thanks for your trust, support, and everything. Even after the Pandora disaster!
You can be sure we're doing the best we can to finish everything up as good as we can and hope to ship mass produced Pyras in Q1 / Q2 2016. We WILL know a more exact date as soon as the prototypes are done.

Oh, in case you didn't catch a pre-preorder:
In the shop, I already created the preorder products. You can't preorder there right now (you need to wait until the prototypes are ready and tested, probably December), but you can put your email into the notification list and will then receive an email as soon as the preorders go live!
Find everything here: https://www.dragonbox.de/45-pyra
Some more prototypes might pop up when the production happens - that depends on how many are working or not.

So... thanks again to all of you!
I'll keep you up to date with news as soon as I get them (there should be some news about the case soon).

Aww, you're welcome :) Happy belated birthday. Maybe my dummy board will arrive in time for my birthday...

I also thought they wouldn't all sell. But there's something to be said for being the only device like this on the market. Also paying for it in two installments makes it easier on the checkbook (subjectively).

Congratulations to all the team.

Normally, I would have jumped in feet first for a Pyra pre-order campaign, but I knew this would do well, so I held off to leave a spot for "take my money now" crowd. LOL

The Pyra is really going to be something special, and will hopefully reach the wider audience that the Pandora should have, if not for the numerous hurdles that happened. Congrats again to any and everyone who made this happen. Good times ahead.

Chris

If you don't want to miss the preorder, just enter your email address in the "Notify me when available"-field. Then you're receive a payment as soon as it is available.
Last sentence should be "You'll receive an e-mail as soon as it is available."

Happy belated birthday ED!

Well, my absence in the past week is due to my phone line being down yet again!

Have walked up to the road today to get some cell reception, and delighted to see the prepreorders such a success!

Can't wait to see the custom colours you guys choose for the prototypes...

Question time;
i did a pre-pre order - what if later I decide I want a Pyra without 3G/4G, will the prepre order voucher/code be usable on that also?

next: can I order a Pyra mug and have it sent with the PYRA PCB????

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote a comment on an OSnews story about a pocket computer that looks so shitty, the Pyra puts it to shame. It got upvoted, maybe this got some people to look for info about the Pyra as well.

After reading this I am now starting to think I should preorder. I wouldn't want to miss out on all of the fun. After all, my money has been waiting :)

ED, the way you handled the Pandora disaster is one of the reasons we trust you, among other things, of course. Glad they are all gone!

And yeah, you should put up a few more prototypes I think.

You can't preorder there right now (you need to wait until the prototypes are ready and tested, probably December), but you can put your email into the notification list and will then receive an email as soon as the preorders go live!

Just wanted to say that it is possible to preorder the Pyra without 4G/LTE
Unbenannt.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone following here or on gp32x over the last few years knows how much time, money & effort you put in for the Pandora man.  You've more then earned that trust twice-over.

ED, even though my account is quite recent I have been lurking around these parts for quite some time now, and IMO you have shown your worth with the Pandora (and then some). So, as a future buyer of the Pyra who already has money put aside for it, I just wanted to give you at least SOME support by giving it to you now instead of at the preordering phase. And if a range of volcanoes suddenly start running amok and Pyra fails, well, tough luck, but shit can happen even when the Pyra is already on the way to me, so even if the risk right now may be higher, I know that YOU will do everything in your hands for the Pyra to succeed, and seeing your track record that's good enough for me.

One question: What about the Europe version of the 3G/4G/LTE model? I only see "Vorbestellung der 3G/4G/LTE-Version der Pyra (US Modul)" as of right now.

You can't preorder there right now (you need to wait until the prototypes are ready and tested, probably December), but you can put your email into the notification list and will then receive an email as soon as the preorders go live!
Find everything here: https://www.dragonbox.de/45-pyra

This is better for me anyway - right after Christmas ;)
Congratulations :)

Incredible.
Don't have time to preorder :(
This community is a real one and I know why I try to promote with others, the Pandora, the community and now the Pyra.
With the launch of the TI AM57X, I posted last week a comment on linuxgizmos and cnx-software about the Pyra.
Maybe, its had helped. :D

Back