Top lid worn and scratched on brand new unit

CSquared

Still Fresh
Not exactly what I hoped my first post would be but here goes...

I just received my Pandora today and upon opening the box I discovered that the top lid is scratched and worn. Is this something that is normal? I understand that the casings for the Pandora aren't the highest of quality but I didn't expect this.

photo (1).JPG

Not normal. I have two Pandora's and some extra cases and none came scratched like that.

crap...I really don't want to ship this thing back, how hard is it to replace the top casing?

Not exactly what I hoped my first post would be but here goes...

I just received my Pandora today and upon opening the box I discovered that the top lid is scratched and worn. Is this something that is normal? I understand that the casings for the Pandora aren't the highest of quality but I didn't expect this.

View attachment 2873

They end up like that pretty quick anyway, you can also probably polish that scratch out, it's only in the paint.

This is normal for units that have crossed the big pond. I advised ED of this after the first shipment, but there has been no remedy. This is proof.

Look in the lid of the box, there is black paint on the white cardboard in the wear areas. They all get this way via shipping.

Cases shipped from China to UK or Texas. Then to UK or Texas, then back to UK, then to Germany. They've sat 2 years, the scratch is a bit of a bummer, but I've shipped lids with worse scratches. When we say the case is the weakeast point, this is proof. Hoping the new cases paint and structure holds up better on this revision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they shipped without the bubblewrap now? There should be some around them even if they are in the boxes imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just looked at my box and yes there is paint on the underside of the lid....any suggestions where to purchase a new casing? I know that it will eventually just get scratched again but since this unit is brand new I want to be the one to scratch it.

That's the reason we wanted the new paint... the black one scratches so easy and fast :(

It really shouldn't look like that.

The Bubble Wrap doesn't fit in the box, but with the new paint, stuff like that will be history as well.

As Craig suggested, you can try to clean it (maybe use some cleaning alcohol), it's very possible this will fix the paint.

If not, I can always send you a new case or replace it here for you.

All the backup casing I have on hand has flaws, scratches, and blemishes. Its new, but not going to give you that new car look. Works for replacing already worn casing.

Thanks ED I will try that and let you know how that works out!

Will the new silver casings be available to purchase when they are ready?

I really don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the thing with the box not being big enough to allow any space for adequate padding of the Pandora during transit, sounds like a rather large oversight..

The bags Gruso mentioned work perfectly fine, I just didn't have the time to source them in Germany until a few days ago.

Back