Too Late To Buy A Wiz?

Arianon

Still Fresh
Just wanted to get some advice from the forum, I'm really interested in picking up a Pandora but since the wait to get one atm is quite long what do people think of ordering the GP2X Wiz at this late a date? I'm mostly interested in retro gaming, and wheter or not the GP2X Wiz is capable of PSX emulation (Xenogears in particular)

If you want to play mostly emulator games go and grab the wiz from ED (german shop) ASAP :)

it's said that it's out of stock, but he always has some reserved lying around and he's getting the last 100 pieces from GPH, too.

ED is getting some stock in on the coming weeks. However if it's psx support you want, I recommend a PSP.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-d1-49-en.html

PlayAsia still list them available.

My Wiz screen is 20% dead, im waiting for the new handheld from GPH, not gonna buy another Wiz. Not in stock is a good sign meaning the new handheld is coming soon.

If GPH are going to bring out a new machine every other year without supporting the old one or sorting out any of its problems then maybe you should just buy a couple of Dingoos for the same amount of money.

axiomprime said:
If GPH are going to bring out a new machine every other year without supporting the old one or sorting out any of its problems then maybe you should just buy a couple of Dingoos for the same amount of money.
Dingoos are crap, but so is the Caanoo.

Analog stick for emulators? Teh suck!

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
axiomprime said:
Dingoos are crap, but so is the Caanoo.

Analog stick for emulators? Teh suck!

Mate, you're like a broken record.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the problem. DaveC, can you always make a Dpad mod for the Caanoo, right ? :D
Perhaps, you could launch a "Dpad Mod Service" for everyone ;)

It depends. It's a wonderful machine as is already but that's as far as it's gonna get in terms of development and support (both by the community and even worse by GPH). I got mine simply because I accepted the fact that what it offers already is very satisfactory and I have not regretted it. It has given me hours of joy! So, get one only if you can come to terms with the fact that it's dead as a dodo.

Back