Too Late For Transparent Cases?

Homer Simpson has a technique for turning things transparent without having to reduce case thickness. You could try that!

I think there's some guy in San Francisco who knows how to make transparent aluminum.

MDave said:
I wonder if its possible to stencil paint patterns (like tribal designs) on the case.
I have no doubt you could do this quite easily. And if you mess up you can always buy another case. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible to make gold or silver case out of black by using aluminum/copper powder and some aerosol glue/varnish. But i'd recomment to take it apart before painting.

here's guide by steps:
1-disassemble the case.
2-cover with aerosol glue/varnish.
3-sift some aluminum or copper powder at glue covered area, you should do if fast, while glue is still wet.
4-wait few minutes.
5-wash it under water, so there isn't any excess powder left and dry it up, you can also use soft brush to remove excess powder.
6-cover again with aerosol glue or varnish.
7-profit! :)

This way I painted my old GBA (not SP) which is now RIP :)

ps- sorry bad english, i couldn't fine convertible terms for some words in english :)

GuchaRU said:
It is possible to make gold or silver case out of black by using aluminum/copper powder and some aerosol glue/varnish. But i'd recomment to take it apart before painting.

here's guide by steps:
1-disassemble the case.
2-cover with aerosol glue/varnish.
3-sift some aluminum or copper powder at glue covered area, you should do if fast, while glue is still wet.
4-wait few minutes.
5-wash it under water, so there isn't any excess powder left and dry it up, you can also use soft brush to remove excess powder.
6-cover again with aerosol glue or varnish.
7-profit! :)

This way I painted my old GBA (not SP) which is now RIP :)

ps- sorry bad english, i couldn't fine convertible terms for some words in english :)

Got any pics on that? I wanted to keep my DS and Notebook's visual standart.
Metalic red lid and matte black base... (NDS Crimson is its name, if I recall correctly)

Near-kun said:
Got any pics on that? I wanted to keep my DS and Notebook's visual standart.
Metalic red lid and matte black base... (NDS Crimson is its name, if I recall correctly)
back then i didn't have digital camera...

You think your method could do this?
2081183252_349a282c8d.jpg

I would love to have a third metallic red gadget... Those are very sexy

dflemstr said:
Any customer can have a Pandora painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.

Great reference to Henry Ford! [ Quote ] I was thinking of that exact quote while reading this thread, then bam! You say it.
I love how this community and I think so much alike. These are my people! :D

Alternatively: http://www.airbrush-kits.com/ Do a few test runs on paper or some old T-shirts first, and you've got the kewlest Pandora in town (and maybe even the only one :blink: ). If you go all out, you'll have photorealistic flames all over that thing....

Or you could use plaster molding to recreate the case in copper, bronze, or whatever!

EDIT: typo's and such

Shaun. said:
It would be nice if the Matte black colour became a collectors edition so people know we brought our Pandora's from the first batch.
I agree. It would be great if the could make the first batch visually distinct to reward the people who preordered. Maybe they could paint an official "First Batch" badge on the cases for the first 4000.

If the CAD files (or what ever program is used) are released you could probably get a custom case printed for like 100-150$ Not sure what materials you can get though, but you can get it done in metal but that would be like 300$+

scrag_10 said:
If the CAD files (or what ever program is used) are released you could probably get a custom case printed for like 100-150$ Not sure what materials you can get though, but you can get it done in metal but that would be like 300$+

The CAD files won't be released. It makes it too easy for Chinese knockoffs to appear.

Back