To Those Who Bought Her Knights Online...

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
I have the Her Knights SMC version. It's the official English patched version (see engher.zip ).

I'm wondering if the download version is different or more updated.

For example, my title screen is in Korean. And the 4 choices for game mode are all Korean. The only english is in the main menu, the story conversations, and the names of the characters. Some of the enemy names during gameplay are also displayed in (odd) english (like "ohclever") but most are in Korean.

Is it the same for the download version?

Thanks.

-------

BTW, if the download version is the same then this may be helpful, I can't recall where I got it but see for yourself:

Modes in Character Select,
selection after you choose character means.. select power charge :
1. ???? : berserk mode.. least damage and no interfere by enemy attack.
2. ???? : Super-recover mode Blow all enemy's down. and full-recovery.
3. ???? : Always recover a little.
4. ????(Hidden) : 1+2+3
this power charge can be used with 'Select' button.
flame icon at lower right means stick of charge.

I bought the download version and I think it's identical to the european release. The title screen contains some korean (the first line), below that are "Her Knights" and "All for the princess". The screen after the character select contains these options:

Ability Invincible
Ability Restoration
Ability Recovery

As the english patch doesn't translate those I'm pretty sure the download version is the full english version as released in europe. The only korean I've seen so far is that first line in the title screen and the creator's logo which appears before that.

Nice!

Obviously they've updated the english translation since then.

Can someone send me the new her.bfc file (zipped please) from the download version so I can have full english? This old patch is OK but not ideal, still a lot of Korean.

The bfc is only the data file, it's not copy protected so it should be legal to send.

Please PM or email me ( prophet (AT) zodiacgamer.com ) if you could help me out. Thanks.

how big when fully installed is the download version of Her Knights, would it all fit on a 16mb SMC or 32MB?

16mb

My SMC version is on a 16mb SMC. The new download version is the same, except they've done a fuller English translation than what's on the SMC versions.

I highly recommend this game. It's got an awesome technical depth to it, because each player character is very different to control and has a nice variety of moves and combos to learn. It's like a combination fighting game and beatemup. Think BOR with some thinking involved. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back