Gpbios

Status
Not open for further replies.
NanoTeam posted on May 31 2004 at 07:29 PM said:
to create a firmware you must to dev it no ?
No I was talkin' about creating firmware with fxe converted into gxb, that's all. :)

Aqua firmware doesn't require to dev because it can launch or include every prog (fxe, bin...), so why are you talkin' about dev (excuse me if I don't understand all you mean but I'm french)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster, please come to your senses!

If you don't like this bios, don't use it.
If you can create the most fantastic, most featured custom bios using ZED - do it, if you like.

Yes, Aquafirmware is pretty good. You can do a lot with it - I also use it.

But SIMPLER for autoboot is definately GPBios.
Just rename the files and copy them over - finished.
No need to start a program and create a boot.ini

I'm sure this could come in handy for some developers who want to try out their software - copy the fxe onto the SMC and start.
No menu, no boot.ini, nothing more necessary.

And this is the first release. Maybe it will get more features that you'll like it sometime (but this is not the point of this bios - it's here to be simple!)
I remember that I didn't put the first version of Aquafirmware on my GP32, because it couldn't do more than Mr. Spiv's Multifirmware...
According to your own words, Aquafish shouldn't have released his firmware...

There is NO pointless release for the GP32 - it may be pointless for you, but not for others. A lot of games that are pointless for me enjoy a lot of other guys...

EvilDragon posted on May 31 2004 at 08:35 PM said:
Drumaster, please come to your senses!

If you don't like this bios, don't use it.
If you can create the most fantastic, most featured custom bios using ZED - do it, if you like.

Yes, Aquafirmware is pretty good. You can do a lot with it - I also use it.

But SIMPLER for autoboot is definately GPBios.
Just rename the files and copy them over - finished.
No need to start a program and create a boot.ini

I'm sure this could come in handy for some developers who want to try out their software - copy the fxe onto the SMC and start.
No menu, no boot.ini, nothing more necessary.

And this is the first release. Maybe it will get more features that you'll like it sometime (but this is not the point of this bios - it's here to be simple!)
I remember that I didn't put the first version of Aquafirmware on my GP32, because it couldn't do more than Mr. Spiv's Multifirmware...
According to your own words, Aquafish shouldn't have released his firmware...

There is NO pointless release for the GP32 - it may be pointless for you, but not for others. A lot of games that are pointless for me enjoy a lot of other guys...
It was no offense, just my point of view (that is useless). ;)
I just think Nanoteam was unable to provide me some good differences with
Aqua firmware.
Why the hell would you create a boot.ini (which is not more difficult than rename a fxe...), whereas it creates itself when you select your prog on GP32 with "B"? :blink:
No need to be angry guyz, be wise. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. this seemed to be the answer to my fears of firmware flashing [and remember... my orig firmware is the original korean bios, not any upgraded european stuff "oh the horror of it all" :eek: ] flash upgrade once and use ANY firmware anyone cares to dream up and code.
And no brain power needed! thats the baby for me...esp as i'm too fragged to see straight half the time...i don't sleep all that much :( my own fault i guess but who wants to sleep when i can watch anime/films or play doom under the covers

anyhow...
i took a deep breath and put in fresh batts. put the req'd files in the correct locations using my smc reader just in case.

then i nervously powered my gp32 and ran the fw.fxe :unsure: and waited while it erased so quick and reprogrammed my sweet bit of kit into the kewlest gizmo this side of japan! it does exactly what it says it's gonna do and gives me nightmare free firmware fantasies. i'm practically salivating ;)

it doesn't sound complicated to do 'cause it isn't.
AND if it can turn a firmware flash phobic like me to do this to my beloved [even if i did sweat alot :lol: ] then it's gotta be good. don't it?! may even try aqua's efforts now just because i can, hehe might even take on everest. err nvm

in any case, now i have my wind-ups and my gpcinema plus the bundled goodies and and ... lots of drool
good thing i've got a screen protector! lick-slurp

and please, no flames cause i'm too thick to use a firmware flash upgrade util.
i don't mind being thick, but at least i'm smart enough to admit it. as the saying goes, "there's one in every village" idiot that is ie me! :p

well, *arf*
this is really annoying me :\

i mean, nanoteam (>2 or ==1?) you really didnt answer drumsta's questions at all..
and well, you started being offensive with saying "looooooool, you really are stupid"
i dont think that i would have reacted in a way other way than drumsta did..
i know where the pain to dev lies and how big the relief is when a project got finished or at least a good beta where at least the technical stuff is ready not even including the fancy gfx to show off, but heck,
drumsta DOES have a point, he pointed out that there's not that much that ur fw (heck, it IS an fw, not a bios, the gp32's bios provides us with all that really low stuff, not with gfxed fxe/bin-loaders like fws do..) can do and aquafish can't..
i mean, aquafish's has at one point the bg-ed smc-loader with the files you specify and at the other point pacrom, yafl and euro-fw
and if you a) tell aquafish to use the smc-driven data or auto-load pacrom and let that auto-load whatso-ever-fxe-you-want-to-load.fxe, including wind-ups, gpcinema, linux-bootloader or sth. else (i always use pacrom, so even aquafish's fw would be useless spoken in sarcasm, heck i love aquafish's menu :D)
i honestly didnt use your fw (gpbios..) and am honestly not going to..
but saying "new", "you only need to flash to this" or "It's THE answer to many bad Flash !!!" (which sounds like "easily undo bad flashing" <_<) is really kind of gamepark saying "gp32 will soon also be able to connect into the internet over your handy!", blahblah

so heck, keep up the work but please stop those marketing-like advertisement and your "loooool"-posts (i already know that i'll get one of those as reply too..)

non-offensive greets, diab0l :ph34r:

You described very well my feelings the_Diabologic. ;)
Thanx. :)

But it's difficult for me to say well my opinion 'cause I'm french. :)

"i honestly didnt use your fw (gpbios..) and am honestly not going to.."
Happy to know that. It's not for an aqua fw fan like you ;) :rolleyes: :lol:

"but saying "new", "you only need to flash to this" or "It's THE answer to many bad Flash !!!" (which sounds like "easily undo bad flashing" ) is really kind of gamepark saying "gp32 will soon also be able to connect into the internet over your handy!", blahblah"
just to say you that this "marketing" presentation is just to laugh. :lol: do you understand ???? dooooooo youuuu understannnnnnnnnnd ??????? i hope :rolleyes:

Nanoteam = 7 or 8 or 1or 52 .. and ?????

"he pointed out that there's not that much that ur fw (heck, it IS an fw, not a bios, the gp32's bios provides us with all that really low stuff, not with gfxed fxe/bin-loaders like fws do..) can do and aquafish can't.."
Yeah !!! :D but GpBios is the simplest bios. SIIIIIIIIIMMMMMPLLLLLLESSSSTT
ok ? Aqua is very powefull but the GPBios has another fw view : SIMPLICITY

Don"t remember that we doesn't want to be the winnner. It's too stupid. I continue to think that druMAmasters ( :p ) is very funny :lol:

non-offensive greets, Nanononono!!!!!!Team :D

i really do wonder, why there just the one and same non-offensive poster when there are supposed to be 7, 8 or even 52 or so heavily developin nanoteam-members..
"Aqua is very powefull but the GPBios has another fw view : SIMPLICITY"
it doesnt look that simple at all..
even thought when you have the g32's bios it shouldnt be that hard to code ur own fw..
dont even speaking about ease to use..
pacrom should be best there since you have all your files with those cool little icons near them and their name to chose.. from everywhere on the smc even..
and still some questions keep bugging me "will it leave that simple? will there even be improvements?"

but heck, this has lost its sense, since everyone should know now where who has got his point..
i simply was being annoyed because of the way you answer;
i have seen this stuff ("loool" "you are stupid", etc.) before.. in warez- and pseudo-hacker-boards, back in the time i was a bloody 1337-57y13-7yp1/\/6 idiot..

before you respond with your mighty over-brain think about what i said please

:ph34r: diabol :ph34r:

where did you get that bios from? can you send it to me? i want it so baldy.

btw: my email is: Super-horscht@_FUCKTHOSE_SPAMMERS_gmx.de (remove "_FUCKTHOSE_SPAMMERS_")

aehm iam sure gpbios is a frimware not a bios (have you ever seen a bios launching fxes?) , and i dont think that you have rewriten or even tuched the bios.

yes as it can launch FXE GpBios is a kind of firmware :)

But it has a different goal than Aquafish firmware or PacRom firmware and others (for the moment), it's goal is only to let you have a program lauched when bootin on a SMC, and nothing more, no other options.

If you don't want to use it, don't use it. But stop attack-it for anonying points.

And to answer you Vimacs, yes they probably don't touch to bios part, as me.

it's goal is only to let you have a program lauched when bootin on a SMC
Did not Aqua firmware allow that?
It did with all fxe you want WITHOUT EDITING ANY FILE because you could do it pressing select on the boot screen, then pressing B on the chosen prog (I had Aqua 4.5 on my GP32), so for the last time answer me clearly :
Why do you say it's the difference with Aqua whereas Aqua firmware can do it (NO OFFENSE IN THAT PLEEEEEASE)?! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back