This Thing Just Killed The Pandora For Me

quadomatic said:
You come to the global Pandora forums, talk about disadvantages which are unfounded (if you knew anything about the device and this community, you would know that most of your concerns are unfounded), and your post is littered with spelling mistakes, and you're not trolling?
He is not trolling. Forgive his grammar and spelling, as a forum is not a formal letter or a spelling be. The advantages or disadvantages of the Pandora can only be hypothesized about, as it is not yet in existance.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to Cracker Jacker's comment! I agree - No one (not many) have used it. You can't judge it (good or bad).

quadomatic said:
You come to the global Pandora forums, talk about disadvantages which are unfounded (if you knew anything about the device and this community, you would know that most of your concerns are unfounded), and your post is littered with spelling mistakes, and you're not trolling?

spelling mistakes doesnt mean someone is trolling it just means he/she is not using a spell checker, and if you post from small devices like pda, you would rather keep writting instead of correcting every misspell as long as people are able to understand.

as for the very reason of this topic, well i do also think this is all troll bait.

DroneB Dev said:
as for the very reason of this topic, well i do also think this is all troll bait.
The topic itself is not troll bait, but rather an individual seeking information to compare and contrast. It's a sober and well advised excursion to see what is out there.

Now the Pandora on the other hand, is troll bait. The doe eyed optimism of these sheeple practically begs for trolls.

Cracker Jacker said:
DroneB Dev said:
The topic itself is not troll bait, but rather an individual seeking information to compare and contrast. It's a sober and well advised excursion to see what is out there.

Now the Pandora on the other hand, is troll bait. The doe eyed optimism of these sheeple practically begs for trolls.

Nope, this thread is troll bait.
To prove my point, when I said Cracker Jack was the "troll of the week" ... he blushed!
Just like all self-lothing narcisitic people codenamed Troll.
What's that Cracker Jack has posted already?
No I don't want you to comment on these things I've said.

Please focus your efforts commenting into this:
the JooJoo
It is an innovative device like Apple and is made by a small group/company much like OP (tmk)
There were many conspiracies saying it was vapourware, much like the Pandora.
This can be an April fools joke by engaget, but it is very highly unlikely
So check it out, what do you think about the device?
This can be a Pandora alternative, a device to chill and surf with but not to play games (except online flash games)
What do you think JooJoo vs iPad?
I hope JooJoo is a good device, gets reviewed & rated high, and in all a success.
Why? I like to think it will restore confidence to people that want a unique/unmarketed device from small companies.

^ Actually I think the JooJoo hardware choice is a failure. Picking n270+ION for such a device doesn't make sense, imo. Menlow would have been a much better choice, cause it would have allowed fanless design and much better battery life.

Can we award this guy "troll of the week"? He seems to have been the most successful.

Is't the JooJoo strictly internet browsing? I'm not sure, but I thought it was. For this reason alone I think the iPad (even with it's lack of flash, multitasking, etc..) would blow it out of the water. I'm more excited for the NotionInk Adam tablet, though. :D

fiveseven said:
Can we award this guy "troll of the week"? He seems to have been the most successful.
No we can't. He is just a moron who even is too stupid to troll properly.

I like to have a joke or two on a sunny day, but this doesn't amuse me, at all.

edit:
Just to clarify, I don't refer to the thread starter here.

Cracker Jacker said:
DroneB Dev said:

Cracker Jacker, the intent of the OP was not a comparison but rather to irritate the community. The original post was quite inflammatory, it's like a former investor pulling up to a Corvette factory with a Model T and saying "Look, my car is SO much better than yours! It weighs more, gets hotter, and look! Women point and giggle too!"
Perhaps if the intent was an honest comparison, the OP would have explained what this one device has over the Pandora, and what it doesn't on a much deeper level, and decide what he wants like that. Otherwise.... It's useless trolling, understand?

I know, never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and beat with experience.
No, I simply answer. It is what it is.

Jourdy288 said:
Cracker Jacker, the intent of the OP was ...

here "OP" means "opening post" right?
cause its used for "OpenPandora" too often here.
inserting OpenPandora instead of opening post, the paragraph stil makes sense ... spooky :huh:

The only *real* competitor to pandora at this time is still a small portable device allowing for an external USB gamepad to be plugged in. Not very portable but it would check the boxes on controls.

Of course there still are problems with pandora still not shipping. The pandora guys did all the engineering required to show the world what a portable handheld gaming device should look like. I'm honestly surprised that true knockoffs have yet to fully hit the market considering how much time has already gone by (an eternity in the tech world).

mali said:
mo-ron: usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental retardation

Really? This is your best insult? That is all your mental faculties can muster.

So sad. Clearly the education advocacy groups were correct. Our children are not being taught the vocabulary and critical thinking skills they need to survive in this world. The future is looking very bleak indeed.

Oh well, I suppose the world needs sheeple too. With out them, half-arsed projects like the OP would never make it past the drawing board.

^ You feel addressed by my post :huh: ? I'm sorry, I meant someone else, please continue contributing, no harm intended :)

Cracker Jacker said:
quadomatic said:
He is not trolling. Forgive his grammar and spelling, as a forum is not a formal letter or a spelling be. The advantages or disadvantages of the Pandora can only be hypothesized about, as it is not yet in existance.

Cracker Jacker said:
mali said:
mo-ron: usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental retardation

Really? This is your best insult? That is all your mental faculties can muster.

So sad. Clearly the education advocacy groups were correct. Our children are not being taught the vocabulary and critical thinking skills they need to survive in this world. The future is looking very bleak indeed.

Oh well, I suppose the world needs sheeple too. With out them, half-arsed projects like the OP would never make it past the drawing board.

Hmm... Explain 'Sheeple'. Not the definition, I mean how the term applies to this board... Also, in case you haven't noticed, the OP (Pandora in this case) has made it past the drawing board on account of its small, studious staff and a strong community, one that could most certainly do without people like you. I've changed my mine about you, you're nothing but a troll.

mali said:
^ You feel addressed by my post :huh: ? I'm sorry, I meant someone else, please continue contributing, no harm intended :)
Not particularly, but the subject of your post is irrelevant. I have yet to see anybody on this board express attributes of mental retardation. Ignorance, blind faith and emotional blather on the other hand are all together too common. I am wondering why this is so. Is it the failure of our educational systems? Maybe, but I would think that problem would have effects more widespread than this forum. Is it investors’ remorse? I think this may be closer to the truth. People often feel the need to justify a bad investment. It's absolutely astounding what feelings can motivate someone to do/ignore.

*** WARNING *** This thread contains
29e3vvo.png

Attachments

• 29e3vvo.png
    29e3vvo.png
    274.1 KB · Views: 88
Cracker Jacker said:
Not particularly, but the subject of your post is irrelevant. I have yet to see anybody on this board express attributes of mental retardation. Ignorance, blind faith and emotional blather on the other hand are all together too common. I am wondering why this is so. Is it the failure of our educational systems? Maybe, but I would think that problem would have effects more widespread than this forum. Is it investors’ remorse? I think this may be closer to the truth. People often feel the need to justify a bad investment. It's absolutely astounding what feelings can motivate someone to do/ignore.

I've been watching the scene very long by now and most of the members of this community really believe in the product. I wouldn't call it blind faith, as we have strong critical voices here, too. I don't know, what exactly your point is, so please explain further :)

Back